Skip to main content
Topic: Exhaust is finished..with pics (Read 2711 times) previous topic - next topic

Exhaust is finished..with pics

Reply #15
The Borlas I bought used from Anderson Ford Motorsport in IL a few years ago. They were used once for a "ler shootout" in a magazine article. I got them both for $60.
I cleaned and repainted the underside of the car when I had the engine, trans, and exhaust removed from the car last year.
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

Reply #16
cool. ive got the same borlas on the mustang with the borla tails. they sound real "muddy" with the FRPP headers and stock H on the 4 valve. the stainless stuff is the balls for sure...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #17
You did a good job painting the under carriage.  You left a few cues though.  I wish I had the patience to do that.
One 88

Reply #18
So does the exhaust note hold up to the plate name?
THD 562 Total Harmonic Distortion 562. That is alot! LOL
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #19
Quote from: 5.0willgo;180859
........    Too many people do straight chrome pipes.

Thats because it looks the best.. LOL. ;)  I would love to clean my floor pans and repaint them next year.  They have 19 years of undercoating on them.

Reply #20
I am going to a bigger h-pipe 2.5" insted of my 2 1/4" and then i want cherry bomb lers and then the borla tips out the sides before or after the back wheels.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #21
when using a mustang catback do you need to lengthen
the h pipe to ler intermediate pipes or just back of
the axle.do the rear pipes work over the axle? im a fox
cougar newbie so im trying to learn all i can from the
experts. i have an 88 XR7.THANKS! --irv toms

Reply #22
I had to lengthen the intermediate pipes by a couples of inches, but I used short lers. If you use longer lers, you might get away with not having to lengthen them. The 87-93 LX pipes I used fit over the axle well, but the the passenger side is a tight fit. I had to "massage" mine around that huge gas tank bracket on the passenger side.
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

Reply #23
My exhaust fit fine and I ran 2.5" all the way back....  I had the cherry bomb glassbacks on ine though. 

My '88 XR-7 has 2.5" duals too with no problems.

Reply #24
Great looking exhaust system.You did a great job there.I'd like to see a pic of it from the side with the car sitting on the ground as well.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..