Skip to main content
Topic: Ever see the INSIDE of a combustion chamber? While running? (Read 1348 times) previous topic - next topic

Ever see the INSIDE of a combustion chamber? While running?

Reply #1
That is sweet. They must have gone through the side of the block to do that. Crazy cool though.

Reply #2
Pretty amazing!!!

Reply #3
If I had the patience to make that into an avatar I would. That is awesome.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #4
ever see the opening scene  to the Gran Turismo 3 video game? man, i think thats the neatest thing, the video game one was animated, but awesome nontheless. its neat to see everything sinc up and work in harmony rather then kinda just imagining it.
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #5
That's cool.

I've seen a lot of diagrams and animations, but the real thing just blows them away.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #6
That's pretty sweet.  They had to have gone in somewhere by the head/block.

Reply #7
Reminds me of that old footage shot underneath the Saturn V moon Rocket just as the engines started firing. Maybe it's the Film.
<---One must always remember to Remain cool, calm and collected when dealing with your fellow man, especially on the Internet....
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #8
I wonder what Temp scale that is? I can make out deg but not the last part. I looks like it is coolest right before the next Fire. That is killer Love it!
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #9
That is really cool. Looks to me from what that said, that it got to 1600-2000 during the igniting of the fuel, but when the fuel and are were compressed right before ignition it reached 0?? I know air cools when compressed. Would the temp inside the cylinder fluctuate like that?
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #10
Quote from: cougrrr302;179577
That is really cool. Looks to me from what that said, that it got to 1600-2000 during the igniting of the fuel, but when the fuel and are were compressed right before ignition it reached 0?? I know air cools when compressed. Would the temp inside the cylinder fluctuate like that?

air heats up when it is compressed. why do you think intercoolers are used on forced induction cars?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #11
That's not temperature degrees dispalyed that degrees of rotation. I would love to be able to slow that video down and watch it frame by frame.

Reply #12
that's really friggin cool!!!
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily: