Skip to main content
Topic: Joining the ranks of E-man and Johnny. (Read 3158 times) previous topic - next topic

Joining the ranks of E-man and Johnny.

Reply #15
I brought the thing home from work today.. Drove it to another job site about an hour away from here.  Very nice driving.  Not one bit of play in the steering, it also has bilstien shocks on it.  Handles the highway pretty  nice.  Shame I have to give the keys back in the morning :(  I might just have to buy this thing.
One 88

Reply #16
The reliability issue is why i bought the 99, none the less good catch i have never really liked Suv's tho.

Reply #17
Well she is going to be mine.  My granpa called and said he would co-sign if needed.  He wants his truck back :)
One 88

Reply #19
Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #20
i know! :flip:

i couldnt resist the lure of a real backseat for the kids.......im not a 4wd guy at heart anyhow, its time for the ranger to go.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #22
Geesh at least my DD is still a CAR;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #23
Go for it.  The day after 96 Carlisle, I was hauling around a Snapper push mower in my Cougar's trunk with bungies and my spoiler holding the rear deck down.  Today, I load up the back end of my Ex with leaf blowers, weed wackers, chainsaws, fertilizer and stuff and go to town.  In two weeks, I will be using it to move.

Not only that, but Mercoug302 says my Ex is like a Mark VIII with AWD.

5.0 AWD and Mark VIII vehicle monitor FTW!
-John Fordham

1993 Cougar XR7 302 HO AOD
245,000 miles and still running strong

2005 F-150 FX4 SuperCab 5.4L

Reply #24
Its matter of time you´ll see a post "Show US YOUR SUV".....

Even more "Show us your Mounty/Explorer"....

Better yet "Show us your empy wallet"....
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #25
I pick it up monday :)
One 88

Reply #26
cool beans! we can have a playdate and take their picture together on the 7th :giggle:
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #27
Well she is mine.. drove her home tonight.  I really like this Mounty.  Gota find a rubber liner for the back so I don't get the carpet dirty.
One 88

Reply #28
Good luck with it.  I have a Husky liner for the back end, it has a 2" lip on it.  It'll probably hold a few gallons of water if it needed to.
-John Fordham

1993 Cougar XR7 302 HO AOD
245,000 miles and still running strong

2005 F-150 FX4 SuperCab 5.4L

Reply #29
Yay! Pictures!
One 88