Skip to main content
Topic: whos got sylvania silverstar lights (Read 3391 times) previous topic - next topic

whos got sylvania silverstar lights

i know i read someone in here had installed some of those sylvania silverstar headlights. i went out for some new bulbs and saw them and was supprised at the cost. are they worth it? did they make a big differance? and does anyone make "white" bulbs that would match for the fog lights?
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Re: whos got sylvania silverstar lights

Reply #1
That was me. I paid $40 for them. I think they were worth it. I am very happy with them.

Reply #2
Well you have one yay and one nay...

I have them, but don't see any major difference from the 5 year old GEs I removed... They are a little whiter, but IMHO not worth the extra price.

BTW I have new lenses in my bird.

Reply #3
i have them to, and  i'v also had every other type of new improved headlight and i think these make the only, if any difference. everything else did nothing

Reply #4
I also bought them foe $40 and installed them.  I noticed only a slight difference, just a little brighter.  I guess it was worth them extra $ for them, to gain a few more lumens...

Reply #5
alright guys...thanks. i guyess it wouldnt be worth going the extra mile for fog light bulbs. thanks again..john
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #6
I realize you've already made a decision, but i'd figure i'd chime in with my perspective. I bought the silverstars myself thinking that the would be a drastic improvement, but ended up realizing they were pretty much the same output as my old ones. I ended up buying some $16 "ricer" hyper bright bulbs from napa and they have been absolutly awesome (it also helps that my headlight enclosures have been replaced). But if you're looking for a really bright white light from you headlight swing buy a napa in you area if you have one and take a look see in their "tuner" section. I think you'll be satified with them!
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #7
My buddy blu84302 has them.  They are a little nicer, but his are the old sealed beam lights.  Honestly I don't think they are worth it.
One 88

Reply #8
those bulbs make NO difference at all

Reply #9
I like them because they give the look of a stock bulb and are brighter than halogen

Reply #10
I put in a pair about a year ago. For me, they made quite a difference. (Maybe my previous bulbs had already dimmed from age?)

Reply #11
I love them!  I actually don't have my high beams installed, and i don't really think i need them.  At first i didn't think they'd make a difference but after i adjusted the headlights, they are my best friends... other than the speaker box, and the pipes.

Spend all you can on them.  I got mine when advance had the buy one get one half off sale.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #12
this is how good my headlights are  :disappoin

I got some "hyper white" things from best buy, I've seen em at car parts stores too. the lights are white, but that doesn't mean I can see a ****ing thing  :shoothead

Reply #13
Are you sure you have them turned on?  :D
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #14
yep, that's the sad part