Skip to main content
Topic: Buzzing noise when off = dead battery (Read 2700 times) previous topic - next topic

Buzzing noise when off = dead battery

Now, i got the car at the end of last week so i havent driven it that much.  to get it home was about 30 mins then i drove it around for a little bit today after i got it registered.  i went to my buddys house tonight and after i got shut the car off there was a buzzing noise coming from the drivers side between the firewall and the intake manifold.  i havent been able to narrow it down cause it was dark but thats where its coming from. so i didnt think anything of it when i got out of the car but 3-4 hours later the car was dead.  got it to start by jumping it with my buddys jeep

now what is this buzzing noise ( i know its hard w/o hearing or seeing it) its on when the car is on and stays on when the car is off.  i dont know what it is? the car runs fine.  i might just have to go and start unpluggin ish tomorrow.  but if anyone has had this happen please let me know

Reply #1
get a piece of waterhose and use it as a stethoscope to narrow down the sound.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #2
brake booster?
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #3
its a roundish thing right under/near the master cylinder if thats my brake booster then i guess so.... how do i disconnect it?

Reply #4
aspoogeilator? round black thing right?
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #5
yeah its a round black thing next to the master cylinder kind of in the corner. had to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off.  hooked the battery back up and it started again.....

Reply #6
i have the entire assembly and i will be bringing it home. only thing is you cant buy it new anymore i think, and they are worth good good money, i mean its the WHOLE master, aspoogeulater, everything.
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #7
ok good deal but what can i do about this one? is there anything?

Reply #8
You dont need the whole assembly, just a relay I think.... dont spend your money on all that stuff heh, because it wouldnt fix a THING if its the relay.

Not trying to gyp you Mr Mason but I hate when I spend a bunch of money on something and it doesnt fix anything.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust

Reply #9
im just telling him that i have a unit if it turns out thats what he needs. wheres this relay i can run and get one in 5 mins. The car is a short four wheeler ride away
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #10
I think its under the vacuum tree... not positive.

Im sure one of the more knowledgeable folks here will say something fairly soon.

Reply #11
ok well i hope that it is a relay i will check that when i get home from work thanks for the info

and bhazard how does that exhaust sound i was contemplating getting one???

Reply #12
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v251/WingedPoop/Tbird/6-17-2007/?action=view¤t=tcexhaustrev.flv

theres the last clip i took of it. Id personally go with ultraflows over the superturbos I got. Better flow.

Reply #13
soooooo i took the relays out that are under the vacuum tree to a parts store to see if i could get a replacement.  of course one of them didnt have a part number.  they did have the other relay but i wanted to be sure so i hooked both of them back up to try and pinpoint the bad relay. 
i hooked everything up and..... no noise.  i thought dead battery... nope started right up.  i let it run for a lil bit then shut it off and still no noise!!!
now the way that my luck has been going everything is prolly broken. lol 
so does anyone know which relay it is so i can go and pick up a new one?? wish me luck

Reply #14
Do your brakes work?
One 88