Skip to main content
Topic: 'Bout time for another of those "Money is no object" threads... (Read 4174 times) previous topic - next topic

'Bout time for another of those "Money is no object" threads...

Reply #15
First of all I would start making repro parts for these cars, because obviously its a must.

Finish my 84 Cougar, full Cobra IRS, Tubular K, Subframe connectors, built 347, 5 lug, make the TC hood functional for the 347, leave the interior completely stock except for the addition of a few gauges.

Buy a four eye bird, and make it just like Dogcharmers 86. But with a few more goodies, and personal modifications.

Then buy an Elan, or Fila, and leave it stock colors, full Griggs suspension, or new mustang drivetrain, 428 CJ, Functional Shaker hood. Full cage, tubbed rear, aftermarket, yet stock looking wheels, Quiet lers, and electric cutouts.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #16
Over in my post I was making the whole car and I didn't get any thanks!
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #17
We'd completely rebuild the 84 from the ground up, fresh paint, new chrome, new interior, the works.... whatever Hunter would want done to it.

For the 97, a fresh paint job, refurbish the interior to original, new carpeting.

We'd also pay for the 20th Anniversary Cody arranged to buy, and restore anything that might need done to it, and how he wanted it done.

I'd then go on to buy 3 more Cougars, one for each of the girls and completely rebuild it in whatever way they desired.

I would also purchase a Bird for Hunter, as that is what he'd really like to have.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #18
darkthunderv4.6t²

Engine|4.6DOHC TT (I like to think of it as two 2.3T DOHC engines) - :D
Exhaust|
Side Exit through the Rocker Panel. (Similar to the GT-R)
Transmission|T-56
Suspension|MM Maximum Grip Box
Brakes|Unsure
Wheels|Custom Made 17x9/18x10.5DD Turbine Replicas
Exterior|Repaint Black, Custom Darkthunder Badge on Trunklid, HIDs, T-Tops
Interior|Delete
Security|Transform! Decepticon Barricade Beyotch!

2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #19
Well, if money is not a concern...

With a 1984 Cougar i`ll do:
 A fully dissasemble of the car, all the body would be sandblasted. Paint it black or Red with like 20 or more paint layers.

I like the suspension in the 2004 mustang, so i have to put the cougar in the axles of the Stang. Fully  custom nitrous suspension.

Interior, maybe with leather seats fully electronic, super cold A/C. Dash would be modified to fit the screen of a PC. A decent audio system....

buttstuffog dash with tach and boost pressure, trying to look as good as if it were original.

534 F.I. engine with an Eaton Marine Supercharger, totally modified.

Marine Lenco Transmision....

Id like to have gullwing-type doors....or if not, a solid roof-convertible...
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #20
The two FPV F6 Typhoons and Tornados would be on the boat last week. ;)

The Tornado to make a new TC out of (pretty much make it a coupe and give it a fresh looking '87 inspired header panel and rear window) and the Typhoon to sacrifice its goodies for my own TC. The remaining pair would go in a huge barn full of cars, waiting for that 15 year mark.

http://www.fpv.com.au/cars/f6-tornado/overview/overview.aspx

http://www.fpv.com.au/cars/f6-typhoon/overview.aspx

Reply #21
Well...money was no object when I got the convertible so guess that shoots that idea LOL.

I like Carm's AWD/retractable hardtop idea. Every day I keep wondering how I can get my Mountaineer's AWD setup under a Cat or Bird. :D

If money were no object...hmmm...probably (try to) find another 4-eyed Cat, keep it stock looking outside and inside, but do up the drivetrain so that, when I mash the gas pedal, the gates of hell open. I guess that would mean a rollcage too...dammit, those things just clutter up plans in the worst way. But everything is a tradeoff.

Maybe I'd get around to making a fiberglass hardtop for the convertible too. THAT will screw with people.

I've always wanted to do a pure show/trick car. Suicide doors are a must (no Lambo doors). The rear windows would slide back into the C-pillar, just like the '71 T-Birds, machine gun-window style. Maybe hydraulics too. Yeah boyeee. Flavor FLAV!!!!!

Guess I'm just not that creative anymore. I've pushed the convertible about as far as I want it to go. That was on my drawing board for 8 years BEFORE I bought it, so...it's been almost a 20-year odyssey with that car and my brain is fried LOL.

Reply #22
Body: Strip to bare metal.  Get rid of the rust.  Rhinoliner the trunk, engine bay, and underside.  Paint in stock color (Medium Red).  No emblems except the Birds.  Black low pro shaker hood.  Maybe delete side moulding and replace with black stipe with SPORT near the rear wheel (this I'm actually going to do). Custom five lug wheels, black chrome. Black out rear lights and headlights.  Tint windows.  All would be checked by Photoshop first to see if I approve.:)

Suspension/Chassis:  Subframe connectors, frame realinment, hidden roll cage.  Don't know about suspension much, but it will be a canyon carver, but decent on the drag.  Lower the front half inch, give it an agressive stance. Stops on a dime.

Drivetrain: T56, alumminum driveshaft, built 9 inch rear with 3.73. 

Engine:  Again, don't know specifics, but 351W, NA, little toruqe monster.  EFI.

Interior:  Restore, replace some pieces with black ones for a red/black sceme with the whole car.  Decent radio, Satilite probably.  140 speedo with cool backlight gauges. Racing seats and rear seat delete (not a DD for sure).

Then Project White Lightining

Garage and Playboy Bunnys to follow.
1988 Thunderbird Sport (1st car)
351W in the works
"I'll get it one piece at a time...":D

Quote from: bhazard;300566
You got woman'd.

Reply #23
Oh yeah...now I remember what I would do.

Money is no object, right? Aight.

I take a complete summer off from work. Then I drive the convertible west, headed toward California. Take my time, do a Route 66 thing, visit some peeps from the board here. Then when I hit California...

I pay Mr. Chip Foose a visit. And I say unto him: "O Gifted One, take this car as a humble donation, my sacrifice to you. And remake it in aluminum. Take your time. And make any adjustments you deem necessary." :D

Seriously.

I can't think of any higher honor for these cars than to have Chip Foose work on one. It would be the only one like it in the world...probably like, forever. Since it would be an aluminum car, I'd insist on leaving it unpainted to show all the craftsmanship. But I'd have Charlie paint some subtle racing stripes somehow.

Then I would travel all over the country to put the car into elite and exclusive car shows. Regretfully it would have to be hauled in a matching, enclosed aluminum trailer. But that's the sacrifice I'd make. ;)

But before I start for home, I'd drive by Boyd Coddington's shop and do a big burnout in front of his building, with warm wishes from his former employees, Chip and Charlie.

Yeah. That's what I'd do.

Reply #24
Wait.. Foose worked for Boyd?

Reply #25
Quote from: EricCoolCats;166701
Oh yeah...now I remember what I would do.

Money is no object, right? Aight.

I take a complete summer off from work. Then I drive the convertible west, headed toward California. Take my time, do a Route 66 thing, visit some peeps from the board here. Then when I hit California...

I pay Mr. Chip Foose a visit. And I say unto him: "O Gifted One, take this car as a humble donation, my sacrifice to you. And remake it in aluminum. Take your time. And make any adjustments you deem necessary." :D

Seriously.

I can't think of any higher honor for these cars than to have Chip Foose work on one. It would be the only one like it in the world...probably like, forever. Since it would be an aluminum car, I'd insist on leaving it unpainted to show all the craftsmanship. But I'd have Charlie paint some subtle racing stripes somehow.

Then I would travel all over the country to put the car into elite and exclusive car shows. Regretfully it would have to be hauled in a matching, enclosed aluminum trailer. But that's the sacrifice I'd make. ;)

But before I start for home, I'd drive by Boyd Coddington's shop and do a big burnout in front of his building, with warm wishes from his former employees, Chip and Charlie.

Yeah. That's what I'd do.

You have the same dream I do. Love Chip, and Charlie is my idol. Im in Body school and hope to one day be as successful as Mr. Hutton is today.

Yes Mikey, Foose worked for Boyd. So did Charlie Hutton, former painter, he quit to go work for Foose.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #26
I knew Charlie did, but I didn't know foose did.

Reply #27
Foose?  No thanks.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #28
Yea Foose & Charlie!! :D  Don't forget about Mike the computer parts designer that while working for Boyd was doing stuff for Foose on Boyd's time (hehehehehe)

John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #29
Quote from: Chuck W;166838
Foose?  No thanks.

What, no love for the two-tone king? :hick: