Skip to main content
Topic: is there such a thing as bird jam? (Read 1191 times) previous topic - next topic

is there such a thing as bird jam?

i know there are annual ford meets, and that the cougars have their cat jam, and NATO has a meet once a year specifically for turbocoupes, but is there anything that is open to all thunderbirds and thunderbirds only?
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #1
Well, Cat Jam isn't open to Cougars only, so you won't have a problem showing up with a T-bird. I think if we keep dividing the lines then hardly anyone will show up. I'd just like to be able to make Cat Jam someday.

Reply #2
Very true.
We do try to cater to T-birds too..... Cats are the main focus, but there have been Birds and Stangs there every year.  heck, for the past 3 years, we haven't even had a Cougar... we took a Caravan (or the Catavan, as we called it, equipped with Cougar medals LOL), we also took a Chevy Astro one year, and last year we took our Ford Taurus.  Granted we didn't put them in the show, but we were there in them.

I even have a few T-bird things for the auction this year.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #3
is it held at the same spot every year?
06 pontiac g6 gt

Reply #4
Many years ago I was driving along when WHAM! A bald eagle flew out of the woods and right into the side of my car. Before you start feeling bad for the "endangered" eagle, remember he hit the side of my car. He took the side mirror right off. They are far from endangered around here anyway - friggin' things are nearly as common as crows.

Anyway, back on topic: I would call what was left of the eagle "bird jam"...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #5
There is a national Club that is open to all T-Birds, but for the most part I believe it caters to the Pre-Fox Birds.. Course as time go on things change...

Reply #6
There is definitely a T-Bird TC item at the auction.
-John Fordham

1993 Cougar XR7 302 HO AOD
245,000 miles and still running strong

2005 F-150 FX4 SuperCab 5.4L

Reply #7
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;163637
There is a national Club that is open to all T-Birds, but for the most part I believe it caters to the Pre-Fox Birds.. Course as time go on things change...

Yep
http://www.vintagethunderbirdclub.org/

They really have hardons for the 55-66 T-birds though.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
Yes, Cat Jam is held at the same place each year.
CJ was Eric's baby, and he hosts it, and does a wonderful job.  It's a fairly central location, and he does well to get access to maps so everyone can find their way around with ease.  Eric puts a lot of work into this every year.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #9
Quote from: thunderjet302;163698
Yep
http://www.vintagethunderbirdclub.org/

They really have hardons for the 55-66 T-birds though.

so do i, honestly.  ever since i bought my first turbocoupe, i've been in love with thunderbirds as a whole.  the older ones are beautiful cars.  i've just got an addiction to the 2.3 turbo.
06 pontiac g6 gt