Skip to main content
Topic: new cam, stall converter? (Read 2683 times) previous topic - next topic

new cam, stall converter?

Reply #30
Holley System MAX 2 but thats not cheap either i am getting a set of AFR 165s in a few months or AFR 185s after this next winter. For now i got a E303 Cam but i might change it out soon as well and i think i am gonna keep my PTC 2200 stall.

Just whatever you do save up and buy it as a system and don't mix and match stuff
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #31
hey, has anybody heard anything about the new kit from Holley? it comes with heads, cam, intake, etc.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #32
Just adding a cam dose not increase HP that much all a cam dose is coach the motor what to do. Do you home work and remember an engine is a glorified air pump so making it breath is key. Then chose a RPM you want to come on at then get a stall converter to match and then and then and then do your home work.
And remember the balance of street and strip

Reply #33
Quote from: SR71TC;162827
93? I have an 88 TC that I installed a 93HO and a tremec. The heads are off a 95 Cobra. Still running the stock intake at the moment. I'm leaning toward a Funnalweb intake, Aussie built. Still keeping it EFI.

We have basically the same engines:D . I have GT-40P heads though. I'm sticking a GT-40 style intake on mine over the winter though.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.