ooh gezzz
hold on,,,,,,,,,, im having an epiphany,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:hick:

4.2L rods and pistons,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

then get the crank and your stroked.

is this right?,, i sure think it is.:D

Oil Pan removal

Reply #16
Quote from: dudeman351;160918
first aluminum heads. then intake. then exhaust then gears. you see you've started a viscious cycle.

Course if you have a good limit on your credit card, do like I did...

Summit???  Yes thats right I said send it all... :D

Oil Pan removal

Reply #17
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;160925
Course if you have a good limit on your credit card, do like I did...

Summit???  Yes thats right I said send it all... :D

my old lady would have my ass in a handbasket if i did that.
louie  :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]       
My famous last words:
It seemed like a good idea at the time.        88TC R.I.P.      88 Sport build in progress

Oil Pan removal

Reply #19
Quote from: jcassity;161080
ok,,, someone comment on my 4.2 rod/piston comment.

Good idea! a 351 stroked to a 383 would be a good idea also.
:birdsmily:

Reply #20
Dude un hook your tranny from your engine,and start lifting! or you will not be happy after fighting it!

Oil Pan removal

Reply #21
I contemplated stroking it and a 351 since I’m rebuilding anyway. I could get one from a junky. Stroker kits are pricy and going the 351 route. How will the oil pan fit what conversion is needed. And how much am I going to spend getting the front end/pulley assembly to fit. 
Oh and yes my wife is being very good w/me since I catch her buying things all the time. Me and the UPS guy laugh every time I intercept another order from wherever

Oil Pan removal

Reply #22
Quote from: Innes;161350
I contemplated stroking it and a 351 since I’m rebuilding anyway. I could get one from a junky. Stroker kits are pricy and going the 351 route. How will the oil pan fit what conversion is needed. And how much am I going to spend getting the front end/pulley assembly to fit. 
Oh and yes my wife is being very good w/me since I catch her buying things all the time. Me and the UPS guy laugh every time I intercept another order from wherever

I couldn't tell you how much it would cost if anything. I plan on doing the 383 stroker as soon as I go back to michigan . I can find out though, i'll post it tomorrow.
:birdsmily: