Skip to main content
Topic: Transformers (Read 4824 times) previous topic - next topic

Transformers

Reply #30
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;162253

It was actually a "High rise double pumper carb". They screwed that up so badly I almost thought I was watching an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ExwPAuIXPXw

That looks more like a mechanical fuel injection or some side draft webers to me.

Transformers

Reply #31
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;162388

Be interesting to see the vehicles featured in the next one (and there were enough loose ends that I'm sure there will be a next one)...

There is a second one coming. It is based on Soundscream finding Unicron and Unicron rebuilding the Decepticons. If you stayed for the credits you see Soundscream leave Earth. I wish we still had it in theatres, I only got to see it twice!

On another note, 9 days, and one of the most amazing movies is released on DVD, 300!!!! w00t! I bought a 300 shirt from HOT TOPIC yesterday.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Transformers

Reply #32
Quote from: cougrrr302;162617
I wish we still had it in theatres, I only got to see it twice!

I can watch it as many times as I want now. :hick: :D

Transformers

Reply #33
Quote from: slamedcat;162596

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ExwPAuIXPXw

That looks more like a mechanical fuel injection or some side draft webers to me.

Obviously sarcasm doesn't make it across the internet quite as well as I had hoped. What I meant was that she SAID "Nice high rise double pumper carb". Obviously, a "high rise double pumper carb" does not exist, which is why I said they screwed that up so badly I thought I was watching the Dukes, a show that was notorious for screwing up mechanical references. "Hey, Bo, the General's losing power!" "Yeah, Luke, he's got a blown oil gasket!"
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Transformers

Reply #34
Ha she sounds like a Duke!  I've not seen the movie yet, and seeing this one clip has already ruined it for me..
One 88

Transformers

Reply #35
Quote from: CougarSE;162669
Ha she sounds like a Duke!  I've not seen the movie yet, and seeing this one clip has already ruined it for me..

No it hasn't, no where near it.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Transformers

Reply #36
Quote from: CougarSE;162669

that's kinda like the same "car lingo" they used in Gone In 60 Seconds.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Transformers

Reply #37
my wife and i just got back from seeing it.  oh, my god!  it's great!  it follows the original story almost to a tee.  they did a hell of a job with this one.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Transformers

Reply #38
Did they do the theme music?
88 TC with 93 GT 5.0 (.030 over), XE266HR Compcam, SVO 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK underdrives, BBK 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhuast with Americian Thunder Flowmaster lers. Tremec 5 speed and 3.73's and alot of other goodies to list.....