Skip to main content
Topic: Seafoam into the Turbo... (Read 2155 times) previous topic - next topic

Seafoam into the Turbo...

Ok, I'm planning on using this SeaFoam stuff in the Turbo Coupe to see if it helps it run any better. What I need to know is if I can just hook up a Vacuum hose to one of the capped off Openings on the Vacuum Tree, and suck the stuff in that way? Or does someone have an easier idea?
<---One must always remember to Remain cool, calm and collected when dealing with your fellow man, especially on the Internet....
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #1
Most people use the PCV.  On my T/A I was able to use the brake booster line I believe.  I'm pretty sure you just want it to get sucked into your engine...

Seriously though, if you are going to do it that way, do the other 2 methods as well,  I thought that the crankcase way wouldn't do much, in 100 miles it turned fresh oil pure black.. I was amazed.  Plus the fuel way is the easiest to do so you might as well.

Reply #2
Oh yeah... btw what's is doing now?

Reply #3
It's not really doing anything, I just figure it might improve the performance a little. After all, it is a 230k mile engine.
<---One must always remember to Remain cool, calm and collected when dealing with your fellow man, especially on the Internet....
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #4
It will help to some degree. And if it doesn't, the smoke show makes it worth it.

I did it to my '88 and it worked nicely.

Reply #5
Yeah, My dad used some today on his Firebird, it was a rather nice smoke show. The neighbors really appreciated it!

Anyway, I think I'll use the Hose going into the PCV. Any suggestions on usage? Or are the instructions on the bottle all I need?
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #6
Make sure it sucks in slow.  after you have the proscribed amount, shut the car down and wait for about 25 mins or so.  After that, the snoke show begins!!  I actually used the intake port for my FPR to suck it in.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #7
use the FPR hose. DO not put it in the turbo inlet
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #8
I'm going to use the PCV valve line on the top of the engine. Right into the cylinders.
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #9
Put 1/3 of it in the oil, put 1/3 in the gas tank, and suck the rest into the brake booster hose.  That will clean everything, the oiling system, the fuel system, and the intake system including the valves....where a lot of problems stem from.

Reply #10
I sucked it up with the hose from the top mount I/C to the Vac tree. There it get worked throught the whole vac system. The 1st time I did it to the Turbo coupe I went from 14HG vac to 17HG vac. So it had to do some thing in there. I only did the vac system. The fuel and oil got it the week before and after that I had to do the Vac lines. I used it in the gas and oil the way it says to on the back of the can.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #11
wait you can throw that stuff in your gas tanks. does it have the same smoke show or just a really good fulie cleaner ? im going to have to run this on the truck the intakes look gunked up. from what i saw today ? i need an oil change anyway
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #12
Id be slightly wary of doing the oil treatment on a turbo... get a big hunk of goo going through the turbo and messing stuff up...
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #13
i use it every other month or so in my gas.. you wouldnt believe the stink an smoke the first time i put it in. Granny driving= horrible build up

as far as the oil. i think i will try that next because my oil get black way before 3000. and for the vacuum. where does it go in the end?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #14
Quote from: bhazard;153085
Id be slightly wary of doing the oil treatment on a turbo... get a big hunk of goo going through the turbo and messing stuff up...

Indeed... couldn't agree more.  Also don't want the viscosity of your oil thinned down too much by it.  Speaking of that, are you running synthetic?