Skip to main content
Topic: Thinking of doing the unthinkable.... (Read 5281 times) previous topic - next topic

Thinking of doing the unthinkable....

Reply #45
Sluggo,
Apology accepted.

bhazard,
Get it for a DD with the 6 for now, sounds nice!

Reply #46
To everybody else - Yes, they only made 500 Red Mach 1's. Yes, Mach 1 is ONLY the paint. bhazard's car is rare because it's a Mach AND a moonroof car. The statistics say "45" moonroof/Mach's SHOULD exist, but I bet the # is a LOT lower. Especially with how little # of other options he has (like no cornering lamps).

just curious but do these have their own unique vin code/designation?

the color doesnt do it for me but i realy would be stoked to have an actual rare car thats set asside from the rest like that....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #47
Quote from: Tbird232ci;151557
I dont understand the reasoning why everyone gets so butt hurt when a person has a car thats not worth doing a real restoration on, and most likely wont be worth the money in our lifetime, and make something they can manage out of it. People making comments about mustangs gets me irritated, even before i even thought about buying one, because all in all, the thunderbird is just a shadow to the mustang. We buy mustang left overs, we use mustang engines and transmissions, we use all the mustang hand-me-downs. We just follow in the footsteps, and people act like our thunderbirds are gods gift. The only reason there are less thunderbirds is because no one cared about them.

Run off butt hurt? hardly. Some of these people need to open their eyes sometimes. I was trying to find a TC, and i understand nice ones are getting harder to find, but these cars arnt worth the money people would have to sink into them to save them. I saw someone refer to a dangerously rotten TC as "a rare classic" when they said to save it. To strip the car, have the strut tower and frame rail repaired, then re-assemble it would have costed more than the car would be worth, especially since it wouldnt be nearly factory.

When these cars actually pull more than they costed new, somewhere other than on e-gay, maybe ill eat my words.

good post....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #48
Just wondering, do you have any idea how rare the 83 TC we had was?

It had nothing, i mean NOTHING. Except power mirrors. And of course the AC and power steering/brakes. Other than that... I cant think of anything. It had manual seats, and the only thing on the console was the switch for the mirrors. Rollup windows. Manual locks. No sunroof. Manual lumbars. No vent windows either I dont think...

Very sad to see that car get picked up by that big claw and tossed into the big "to be cubed" pile...
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #49
WOW, this is why I keep most of my modifications to myself and don't ask too many questions or peoples opinions.

Reply #50
Mods are great! Your using the car and keeping it running ;)

83 TC's are going to be the seriously rare ones, especially fully-optioned or zero-optioned ones. It's too bad you couldn't have held onto that one...

Reply #51
Yeah my dad got that car...ohhhh well over 10 years ago, I think it had detonated to death (I remember him saying something about a big ole hole in a piston) and he yanked the car apart and swapped a 351c/c6 with a 9" in the back. Well he of course never finished it and it just sat for years and years. And finally when we moved out here and the township started harassing us about our "junk" vehicles we got rid of it. Over the years it rusted out underneath and in the strut towers... sad sad sad. Car only had about 80,000 on it.

I wish I could go back in time and grab that car when he got it and bring it to now and swap in a good motor...
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #52
Stang people  use bird parts too. They love those disc brake rears,
and some of them even take the abs unit and make their car antilock. I never thaught of my car ever as being in any cars shadow. Hell I love my car ,I'm not working on my car for monetary value. The sounds the car makes the way it drives all it offers to me is all good to . Almost any car can be made fast, lightend and handle better. Besides it's cool to have something different than just another stang. As far as parts go I'd gladly take what I need from any stang, lincoln, or anyother ford product to keep her on the road. I'm not a stang basher, I like mustangs but they ain't gods gift to the car world either. To each his or her own. In the end be happy with choices you make. Because you are the one that has to drive it. Work on it whatever you get the point.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                        :birdsmily: