Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 38353 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #285
well i started fiberglassing the trunk, rear quarter, and passenger door jam
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #286
Well trunk is almost done, Then the fenders are coming off and they are being done, then the rear quaters, and door jams.
Long and slow, but its coming out killer!!
Parts to finish the brakes, and a few little things to get it road ready are on there way, and thursday I'm headed to jersey to pick up my new wheels and tires!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #287
Well got the parts from vin, brake block is not correct so I need to pull the one i got and work with it, not vin's fault. But the horn button and window motor are correct, and I GOT MY ROH WHEELS, and cooper cobra tires, and man they look slick on the car, just need to drop the air ride a little, then ill take some pics!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #288
Ill take a pic of my brake block for you and se if it will work... Ill try and post it up later.
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Reply #289
Well I went out there expecting to see what I know and found something entirely different. I took pics anyway all brake lines appear to go into the bottom of this

Here is a pic from under it

here is a pic of engine bay..

Now there might be a different brake block somewhere else but I didnt get under the car to check.... Let me know if it is farther under the car and Ill get some pics for ya....
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Reply #290
thats what everyone says im suppose to have....
but car looks good with its new wheels and lowered to lowest factory setting!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #291
Looks like a totally different car! I love those rims. Bad Ass
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #292
Yea they are nice ROH ZS rims. I am gonna paint the outer lip(massive curb rash on a few, and LOADS of clear coat peel, but only on the lips) and the inner area where the lugs go in graphite. Got the wheel paint and clear for it today!

Trunk is FINISHED, fiberglassed and bondoed, then sprayed in undercoat. Came out sweet, need to touch up a few spots, but all in all looks awesome!
Working on drivers side front fender now!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #293
On the curb rash,that's easily fixed.I just bought two 17x9 Cobra R rims (used),and was told they were like new....wrong.One has chips,I can except that,the other had curb rash.I got my drill and some 150 grit sanding discs and went to work.After sanding the wheel (I need to paint it,but I have wheel paint and clear for said paint),you can't tell at all there was curb rash.It took about 20 minutes of sanding.I sanded the whole wheel by hand after the lip was repaired,and I'll paint it tomorrow.If you need a pic Mason,let me know.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #294
Quote from: daboss351;214787
Yea they are nice ROH ZS rims. I am gonna paint the outer lip(massive curb rash on a few, and LOADS of clear coat peel, but only on the lips) and the inner area where the lugs go in graphite. Got the wheel paint and clear for it today!

Trunk is FINISHED, fiberglassed and bondoed, then sprayed in undercoat. Came out sweet, need to touch up a few spots, but all in all looks awesome!
Working on drivers side front fender now!

what color are you painting the lip? I say polish the lips
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #295
Most of it is very light curb rash, except for one big flat spot.
I was thinking about polishing them, but Idk, was gonna do them in graphite.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #296
Started taping up one wheel last night and sanding the rash, and clear coat. I will definatly be doing graphite( dark grayish-silver) lips and centers, with the light silver it is now on the rest. I thought about polishing but I would have to do it all by hand as the spokes are raised and if I try to get a wheel in there it will touch the spokes, and I REALLY dont want to polish all four entire wheels!

Started the drivers front fender. Built a frame out of some flat stock I had laying around for exhaust hangers that filled the big section that I cut out because it was rot, bondo, and a shiznitty patch panel. Layed one layer of fiberglass over it so far and its looking good. I was planing on doing metal, but because of the odd contour of the fender(gently sloping, and it sticks out farther, so bending a piece is almost impossible) I dont have the patience to mess with it. Gonna do quite a few layers to make it nice and strong, then mount it back up!
Then comes the drivers side rear quarter, and the small panel behind the door.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #297
Finished the drivers front fender, painted it, installed it, and put the trim on. Looks SWEET with the new painted wheel, and all the trim on. I got tons of pics in the phone but idk if i want to send them at the moment, my back kills from being hunched over all afternoon.
Fixed the passenger side door jam too.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #298
Sounds like your getting close
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #299
passenger fender, rear quarters, 2 brake lines, exhaust, and paint the other 3 wheels.
my $300 beater ;)