Skip to main content
Topic: This is what happens when (Read 2484 times) previous topic - next topic

This is what happens when

The woman says "Hmmmmm you need new rims".

Reply #1
Check out the 10" rears, anybody run 18x10s in the rear,i think i'm gonna have to roll the lip and remove the quads(hope not) but if i gotta i gotta.
Just waitin for my moser custom 5 lug axles with my abs rings and my mark vii front rotors,hopefully all should be in by next week.

Reply #2
That's going to look sweet :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3
Nice!

This doesn't really help but I mounted 18x9s with an inch spacer in the rear. You may have to roll depending on backspacing and tire size. It was too close to tell for sure. I know the 18x9s were really close to the strut in the front with the MarkVII rotors. Less than a finger of clearance and I have skinny fingers. I think with 245 tires (or any tire for that matter) they would have rubbed the strut. I'd check it out for you, but I have since upgraded to all SN-95 hardware. Hope that helps.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #4
With 17x9's,my tires rubbed the strut in the front (I have 245 50 17 up front).I used a 1/8 inch spacer and no more rubbing.the 255 50 17 in the back are close to the quads,but not touching.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Oh,by the way,awesome wheels !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Those are FR500 wheels aren't they.  My buddy has them on his SVO.  Nope nevermind those are new Shelby wheels in black.

Reply #7
Hmmm Peeps you have me worried now…
I have 17x9 Bullitts with 6” backspacing all the way around on mine.

With 275/40/17 on the rear they clear fine, My 8.8 is ¾ inch narrower than stock (84 Mark VII) and I have dropped it 2”  and I still retain the Quad shocks and have no need to roll the lip. (Perfect fit, I’m WAY happy)

On the front I have 91 stang Spindles and Mark VII disk and 245/40/17 and now suspicious of any rubbing up there after reading these post. The car is not back on the road yet it needs a front end alignment yet so has only been driven around the parking lot and 2-3 blocks up to the car was and back. I have had the front wheels off since then and didn’t notice any rubbing but didn’t look real hard for any either (I was worried about the back didn’t even think about the front) I’ll check clearances tonight for the front and let ya know.

Was planning on trying to get some pic’s anyway.. “no pic’s, didn’t happen!!”
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #8
Those will look killer bro, we gotta get a get together happening soon, so I can check 'em out in person. ;)

Reply #9
Definetly ron,thinking about maplview car show next tuesday if i get her done by then and all goes well.
Going to be running 275/35/18s in the rear and 235/40/18s in the front,where a real biatch to mount on the 10" rears's.
You where right the first time,their 18x9 and 18x10 fr500 wheels in black,backspacing is 24mm up front and 22mm in the rear,should be just right i'm hoping.
Their supposed to be for 79-93stang,should work.
Got them off ebay for 546.00us shipped with crome lug nuts.

Reply #10
 you cant beat a price like that for wheels like that.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #11
46TBird used the 10" Bullitts on the rear of his '83, but I "think" he wound up using the shorter Fox Mustang (Ranger) axles.  You'd have to dig it up.  He's gone onto playing with his old Mopar, so he's not around any more.

I'd double-check one of the Lincoln front rotors on those to see how everything fits over the rotor snout/etc.  I know the SVO/Lincoln rotors give some guys fits with Bullitts with the center caps, etc.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #12
Yea i know about the rotor center cap issues,Gonna measure and cut as much of the snout after the bearing off as i can and still use the dust cap.
Cougarman says he did that and it worked,gonna try it.
No couldn't beat that price,that's why i ordered em up.
Has cost quite a bit though,rims/axles/front tires.
Had the rear tires already, off the front of a viper so saved a few bucks there.
Got my axles today,look sweet,just need to pick up a set of rotors from the parts store.

Reply #13
you might want to try one of your rotors in your new fr500's because i tried to put em on my cougar with lincoln rotors and they would not fit over the hub in the center of the rotor
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #14
I gots to get me a woman like that.