Skip to main content
Topic: Diff paint combo (Read 1435 times) previous topic - next topic

Diff paint combo

ok,after doing some body work and priming the bottom part of the car,I am thinking I want to go with two tone paint now.

I am thinking of painting the bootm part "charcoal grey" along with the mirrors,head light trim  and pillar strips and leaving the black molding,black.............what do you guys think?

If anyone cares to photo shop this for me,I would be thankful
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Diff paint combo

Reply #1
I swear, you copy my car more and more every project:p
I can give you pics of mine to give you an idea of what i tlooks like. Mine is white with dark grey as yours is. No need to PS if my car has it ya know

Diff paint combo

Reply #2

Diff paint combo

Reply #3
Any other pics you want let me know man, I'll do anything to help ya out except if you want a red and blue pinstrips too.... Jk

Diff paint combo

Reply #4
I think the charcoal color on the bottom would look good,but I'd leave the mirrors black.Just leave the charcoal on the body,not the other parts.Polish the black plastic mirrors to a high shine and call it good.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Diff paint combo

Reply #5
I painted the lower half of my old light sage green '85 T-Bird grey after doing body work to it and it looked great. I also plan on doing the lower half of my white '88 in grey when I paint it. I actually made a thread about it, floating a few ideas a few months ago:
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=12588
I think these cars were made for two-tone. Ford must have thought so too, as they did just that with the 87 XR7's (and the Fila). A few simple line drawings of some of my ideas for my car:

2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Diff paint combo

Reply #6
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;146798
I painted the lower half of my old light sage green '85 T-Bird grey after doing body work to it and it looked great. I also plan on doing the lower half of my white '88 in grey when I paint it. I actually made a thread about it, floating a few ideas a few months ago:
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=12588
I think these cars were made for two-tone. Ford must have thought so too, as they did just that with the 87 XR7's (and the Fila). A few simple line drawings of some of my ideas for my car:

Hmmmmm,I am really digin that first pic...................I am going to have to think about this awhile.

Do you have any pics after you painted it?
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Diff paint combo

Reply #7
Nope. For that I'd need a time machine (haven't actually painted it yet). I don't have any pics of the '85 either, if that's what you meant - I owned that car back when we had to walk ten miles uphill both ways to get on the internet...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Diff paint combo

Reply #8
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;146807
I owned that car back when we had to walk ten miles uphill both ways to get on the internet...

Lol.............thanks anyway.

My daugher is Painting it up for me in Photoshop,as I type this.I am going to try diff. combos.
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]