Skip to main content
Topic: D/s Taillight needed asap (Read 1685 times) previous topic - next topic

D/s Taillight needed asap

Reply #31
Your light assembly and skirts are on the way.The light assembly was $22.00 shipping with insurance.The skirts were about $42.00 shipping.So,you got the side skirts and light assembly for $106.00 plus shipping.Not a bad deal altogether.I hope that helps.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #32
Quote from: 88turbo;143867
no thanks,  now we have another Mike Pinto :flame:  arent we here to hel peach other out?  this is crazy the prices that people want paid for their old parts...  if you want to screw someone go to ebay.  if you want to help us fellow "Friends"  then sell stuff here reasonably /end rant

You do realize that it's that kind of attitude that is largely responsible for these cars having no aftermarket support, no restoration parts available, and many people (and junk yards) sending them to the crusher without even trying to sell parts off them, right?

You talk of wanting to help "Friends" - well, what about the friend selling the part? Ever think he might need the money just as badly as you're trying to save it? Or does helping people out only count when you're buying?

Mustang guys spend crazy money on their cars. Camaro guys spend crazy money on their cars. Import guys spend crazy money on their cars. Hell, even J-body guys spend crazy money on their cars. But Thunderbird and Cougar owners want to be charity cases. When a guy tries to make a little money on these cars he's ridiculed.

I dunno what you'll do as these cars get older and parts become harder to find, because with people expecting to pay $15 for a tail light that they're supposedly "desperate" for, the parts will definitely get harder to find...

Mike, I've said it before - you've either got a lot of patience, absolutely no sense, or a bit of both, to attempt to market resto and upgrade parts to this crowd - it speaks volumes for your dedication to the cars.

[/rant]
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #33
I recently needed the dash lens (which is fairly bulky) for my 85 Tbird's electronic dash.  A Ford dealer out east had a brand new one for $30 and shipped it to me for $5 and it arrived in perfect condition.

Reply #34
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;143886
Mike, I've said it before - you've either got a lot of patience, absolutely no sense, or a bit of both, to attempt to market resto and upgrade parts to this crowd - it speaks volumes for your dedication to the cars.[/rant]

I must be clinically insane with these attitudes.

Reply #35
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;143886
You do realize that it's that kind of attitude that is largely responsible for these cars having no aftermarket support, no restoration parts available, and many people (and junk yards) sending them to the crusher without even trying to sell parts off them, right?

You talk of wanting to help "Friends" - well, what about the friend selling the part? Ever think he might need the money just as badly as you're trying to save it? Or does helping people out only count when you're buying?

Mustang guys spend crazy money on their cars. Camaro guys spend crazy money on their cars. Import guys spend crazy money on their cars. Hell, even J-body guys spend crazy money on their cars. But Thunderbird and Cougar owners want to be charity cases. When a guy tries to make a little money on these cars he's ridiculed.

I dunno what you'll do as these cars get older and parts become harder to find, because with people expecting to pay $15 for a tail light that they're supposedly "desperate" for, the parts will definitely get harder to find...

Mike, I've said it before - you've either got a lot of patience, absolutely no sense, or a bit of both, to attempt to market resto and upgrade parts to this crowd - it speaks volumes for your dedication to the cars.

[/rant]

EXACTLY.

This thread makes FIRE shoot out of my eyes.

Reply #36
if you guys want to spend your life savings on ONE cracked lense go right ahead I'm not going to.

Reply #37
sorry if I sounded alittle arrogant but there is no need to flame me for stating an opinion... maybe I had the wrong way of thinking for this place when it came to parts for these cars.

Reply #38
Heh, kid, if $80 is your life savings you shouldn't be modding a car.

Oh well, let's put all our angry feelings aside and agree to disagree.

Reply #39
Look.  With these cars becoming more rare every day, ABM is attempting to get parts to us that normally would not be available. 
Thunder Chicken is completely right.  If you disagree with something There is an appropriate forum.  And just remember, ABM came TO YOU offering what you needed.  If you didnt like his price, all you had to type was "Thanks, but I was looking for something a bit cheaper"  and moved along.  So you dont like his shipping prices.  So be it.  Oh well.  I would rather pay Mike to ship me something than have it half-assed boxed and destroyed by the shipping companies.  I trust Mike because he is like me......an Enthusiast.  He cares, therfore I have trust.  Therefore, I will pay for doing it the correct way.

Not intended to flame anyone else, I'm sure you pack things for shipping just fine. 

That being said, I vote for lock, since this thread's purpose has been served. 88Turbo has his taillight.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.