Skip to main content
Topic: Rear Seats (Read 1262 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear Seats

Your all talking front seats in another thread...

What about rear?
Would a Mark VII rear seat fit my 88 Bird? Or an SN95?
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Rear Seats

Reply #1
Nobody knows if the back seats will change?

I found an SN95 Bird (93 if I remember correctly) in a u-pull-it with near perfect black leather interior.
Also an earlier Mark VII with some decent seats similar in color to the gray I have.
Also some TC seats in different color than I have needing recovered.

My drivers side is torn so I want to upgrade to one of the above… but want it all to match. If the back seats don’t swap I’ll grab the TC seats and get them recovered to match my rear.
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Rear Seats

Reply #2
Seats from a SN95 stang yes. MN12 bird I was told no. I think WAY to wide. As for teh back seat, I think you can only use bird/car fox seats. Even fox stang doesn't work.

Rear Seats

Reply #3
sn95 seats are shorter.  They don't close the gap in the back.
One 88

Rear Seats

Reply #4
mark seats are about right.. i compared em at a JY they looked like they fit perfect.

Rear Seats

Reply #5
I'm Trying Probe GT seats some time when I get a chance. Freind has them his garrage and I gots nothin to loose. Might be a bit wide though

Rear Seats

Reply #6
The MK7 rear seats will work.  I had a set in the old black '83.  The lower is fine, but the upper is a bit more plush and takes a little shove to get it back in there.

Also, the way they attach to the bulkhead is different.  The Tbirds have little horizontal bars across the back that slide down over tabs and then bolt at the bottom.  The Mk7's have spring tabs at the top that push through openings and then spring open to lock in place.  They still bolt at the bottom.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Rear Seats

Reply #7
the sn 95 rear seats you said they don't close the gap is that on the top or bottom? and couldn't you make a filler panel? i know sn95s are a dime a dozen in the yards around here. good luck finding any kind of fox around here though. one more question. will the door panels and dash work in a fox?
louie  :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]       
My famous last words:
It seemed like a good idea at the time.        88TC R.I.P.      88 Sport build in progress

Rear Seats

Reply #8
I might just try the SN95 if they fit close. Because if the rears will work, the front and rear set is nice. Would look bitchin in the Fila. So I need a definate yes or no. Also how big a gap are we talking here?