Skip to main content
Topic: Ode to body work. New pics added 7/7/07 (Read 2900 times) previous topic - next topic

Ode to body work. New pics added 7/7/07

Reply #15
When in need bring it to me! That is all I do day in and day out. Im going to school in 6 weeks for more Body Work. Once you do it, you know how not to do it. Ive learned the more time you take the better it is. But yes I could use more cars to paint.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #16
cougrr302, Yes, time is well spent in doing things right the first time.
I used to do body& paint on cars for a living for 14 yrs. I still do bodywork and paint but not as much as I used to. Now that I have a garage I can start to do more also. I have a couple of projects besides my Bird. When my wife, son and I move to the Vegas area, I'm building a shop big enough to do body work/paint; any fabbing on the cars I need to do and engine/tranny work.
Have fun getting into the field of Body & Paint. 

John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #17
Oh I am. Guess what my project is at work before I leave. RICE POWER! 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse, putting a body kit, Spoiler and fart can on it!!!! w00t!!
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #18
Here are afew more pics. I put the front end together other than the hodd and fender. They are both awaiting the final coat of paint.

84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #19
I know I know  I'm still working on this one. I've been having paint problems. I had a buddy that loaned me his gun then offered to do it for me. After really messing it up! I said F him. He at best left a runny nasty bumpy finish. I hadn't talked to him in about a week and a half. HE called up and asked if I was done with his paint gun. I told him yes and went and gave it back to him. I did make him pay for the wasted paint that he left in the gun already reduced. He is lucky I dumped the paint out of the gun and put some thinner in it.  I asked him for money some money for the paint he wasted with his nasty  he did. He boned right up and asked how much for the QT. I told  him $35 for the paint reducer, catalyst. He forked it on over. Yeah!! That is what is cost regular not my price. So any way that was last week. I went to Grizzly and bought a Hvlp Setup for about $35 with some extras they were having a sale. So I finally sprayed some paint. The first coat I did went OK. Then I sanded and went to the Final coat.  SO I started with the fender everything is going good and Then it happened. Drip,Drip. No, not a run. The paint was running down the side of the gun. The lid doesn't seal Suck! Anyhow just an update with some pics of the fender with the drips. I'm not asking for perfection but .

I'm kinda pissed but not as much as I was when my buddy made those bigs runs I had to sand out. But I wonder if they will replace it with a new one.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #20
I guess bodywork aint bad i havent done a whole lot but i guess i dont have a lot of the tools i wouldnt mind getting the rear passenger fenderwell mess sorted on the 88 its pretty bad but thats the only noticeable rust that high i think everywhere else is on the lower part of the car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0L AOD 2.73 :cougarsmily:
1993 F150 XLT 5.8L E4OD 3.55

Reply #21
I didn't see what kind of paint this is? Is it just enamel?
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #22
Nason Ful cryl II acrylic enamel
Da Bird!

FreeBird