Skip to main content
Topic: derection chosen! (Read 3575 times) previous topic - next topic

derection chosen!

Reply #15
now why are we fighting over this?
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

derection chosen!

Reply #16
Quote from: V8Demon;138793
Put some pants on!

That people don't care about how they spell or use grammar speaks alot about them.  I don't think mistakes are the problem.  The problem lies in not caring that you made those mistakes even after admitting you did so.  It's a reflection on someone's personality and convictions.  What happens when you are considered mistake pr0ne at work and do nothing to fix it.  You don't get that raise you wanted.

Wether or not they care about their grammar is their problem, not ours.
It's Gumby's fault.

derection chosen!

Reply #17
Ok so I was going to see if this tread could find its own way back to the topic i intended, and im not usualy the type that gets afended from things said on the internet but when people who have never met me start insalting my cheracter over bad spelling and grammer! thats where I draw the line, I said that i cant spell due to a savere case of  dyslexicia, I asume you who are "poking at me" are also the type that "pokes" people in wheelchairs at the top of a flight of stairs.
I am of the generation that the public school system used as a guini pig for dealing with this disability, there for it has componded the problem. i am a very intelagent person, I am sucsesful at my job, ispite of my disability. i have to work twice as hard as those around me when it comes to reading or spelling. After a long day of working, i dont worry as much about spelling. Im not a slacker, and as far as "getting that raise you wanted" ive earned two promotions in the last 6months at my current job, the job before that, (asset protection for a nationaly traided corperation where i was incharge of keeping tabs on income, and stopping internal theft for all the locations in the north east part of texas, west luwesiana, and southern oklahoma. thats about 500 locations and over 100 employees ) I got a pramotion, raise, and a personal handshake and "good job" from the man in charge of the entire east coast devition of the company. that means a whole alot more about my cheracter to me than if i can spell the word direction on the internet. more over if you cant read the post than dont! I joined this site, becouse i thought it was a nice layed back place that was full of people that enjoy the same cars I do, but this here looks alot more like the kind of place Id rather not be. Id like to stick around and enjoy this site, but if Im going to be chastized every time i misspell a word, than ill find another place to go. I dont have an attitude that grammer and spelling doesnt mean anything, I have the realization that of all the things i can do spelling is not one.
Like I said, Im an extremly layed back person who is not easly agrivated but that set me off.

derection chosen!

Reply #18
Quote from: 4bangen;138804
Ok so I was going to see if this tread could find its own way back to the topic i intended, and im not usualy the type that gets afended from things said on the internet but when people who have never met me start insalting my cheracter over bad spelling and grammer! thats where I draw the line, I said that i cant spell due to a savere case of  dyslexicia, I asume you who are "poking at me" are also the type that "pokes" people in wheelchairs at the top of a flight of stairs.
Apparently you misinterpreted my posts.

Quote from: JeremyB
Misspelling a word here or there is one thing, especially for a dyslexic guy using a cell phone for an internet connection.

You're dyslexic, by default I don't expect you to spell as well as someone without it. Had I known that in the first post, I wouldn't have said anything in this thread. Not Caring about spelling/grammar is an entirely different thing than not getting it right.

derection chosen!

Reply #19
we need to stop fighting about this, and talk about cars thats what this is about!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

derection chosen!

Reply #20
Quote from: 4bangen;138713
what would be a caust efective way of solving that problem?

Well, Really some sort of stand alone pcm setup would be ideal but you could also use a piggy back unit such as the Tweecer or tweecer R/T.
Just trying to save you some headache.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

derection chosen!

Reply #21
That sounds like one hell of a setup. Just remember to post pics of the progress because we can't function right without them. lol
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

derection chosen!

Reply #22
lol ya ill take pics of me dropping the car off and the picking it back up.
I normaly do all my own mods, but this is a bit out of my reach. all I have to do is get the parts together. pull the intior and drop it foo with him.
does any one know who makes a six point cage kit for these birds? also witch fuel pump should I use?

derection chosen!

Reply #23
Wether or not they care about their grammar is their problem, not ours.

I disagree.  It's the uncaring nature such as that that is one of the reasons Americans are stereotyped as uneducated barbarians.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

derection chosen!

Reply #24
Quote from: Red_LX;138767
If it bugs you that much, I'm surprised you're even using the internet.

Yeah, it bugs the hell out of me too, but I don't point it out to everyone anymore because there's so many people online that can't spell, use grammar & punctuation or compose sentences to save their life that it's not even worth it.

'Is' is singular, while 'are' is plural. About 90% of people I know screw this up. 'There's a guy online who can't spell.' would be correct, whilst 'There's three people online who can't spell.' wouldn't. Try 'There're three people online who can't spell.', and you're laughing.

*pulls stick out of mud*

derection chosen!

Reply #25
4bangen, I haven't heard or seen of a pre-made roll cage for our cars. Plenty for stangs, but not Birds. You'll probably have to have one made. Just my .02

John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

derection chosen!

Reply #26
that stinks, I didn't want to go down that path.
just wanted to weld one in.

derection chosen!

Reply #27
Quote from: 4bangen;139576
that stinks, I didn't want to go down that path.
just wanted to weld one in.

make some phone calls im sure someone makes them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

derection chosen!

Reply #28
Yes bad spelling annoys me too, but I also know I make mistakes from time to time too.  Do we really have to find it nessasary to point out when somebody mistakes a spelling and grammar error?

Not to be a dick, but this guy is on here looking for help with his car not to be picked apart for his spelling, and grammar mistakes.  Lets get back to helping a fellow board member with car problems huh? ;)  It seems everyday we are becoming more and more, like those useless Stang sites that just bitch at each other all day.

As for the rollcage, wouldn't the hatchback stang one work if the back bars where cut?

derection chosen!

Reply #29
Old Raven,you used opostrophes where you should've used quotation marks.Man,that's almost like spelling words wrong.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..