Skip to main content
Topic: Snow in NY 3/17/2007 (Read 1633 times) previous topic - next topic

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

I wanted to show you guys what's going on in NY today-we thought the snow was over up here.

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #1
I've been cleanin that  up since 3 this morning.I hope were done now.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #2
Sweet collection.... Typhoon,Turbo coupe and a saleen
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #3
We were supposed to get that same storm, but lucked out. The forecast had called for 6", then freezing rain, then rain. It turned out the snow missed us entirely. We got about 1/2 inch of ice, but that's all gone now as the temp hit 50 degrees and rain
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #4
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;135027
Sweet collection.... Typhoon,Turbo coupe and a saleen

Thanks-no opportunity is wasted when it comes to taking pics:D  I always catch heat for my mustang-it's not a real saleen. I think I did a pretty good job -tell me what you think by the pics.

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #5
System and speedster cover

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #6
here near Albany we have a total whopping ~15 inches we got by like 7:00-8:00 this morning when it stopped. we had like 9 last night at 10pm, i was thinking of snowblowing, mom said no too late its too noisy. pfffft....

this morning i spent like 4 hours total doing my neighbors' driveway and ours. WOW. the snowbanks at the end of the driveways were the biggest problem. the front of the auger housing is really tall actually, like 2 feet. the bank was 2 inches ABOVE the top of it!!!!! and for like 10 feet up the driveway it was at least 18 inches high. just had to chew away at it bit by bit, took a long ass time.

keep in mind these driveways are average size too!

i even adjusted the governor so i could rev the piss out of the engine :hick:  didnt help too much. not much torque gain, the massive thick snow still slowed it down a little so i couldnt use the real high drive speed like normal.:D
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #7
yea we got a bit in ri allot metlted now, sweet mustang, love the t/c, and i envy you have a typhoon
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #8
Quote from: ZondaC12;135052
i even adjusted the governor so i could rev the piss out of the engine :hick:  didnt help too much. not much torque gain, the massive thick snow still slowed it down a little so i couldnt use the real high drive speed like normal.:D

I did that once to a 10HP Tespoogeseh. Worked great until it threw a rod, put a hole in the block behind the starter, and split the block  near in two (the crack went from the crank to the cylinder head) :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #9
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;135082
I did that once to a 10HP Tespoogeseh. Worked great until it threw a rod, put a hole in the block behind the starter, and split the block  near in two (the crack went from the crank to the cylinder head) :hick:

That's wierd you should mention that.  We had an old Tespoogeseh-powered tractor that was assumed to have a bad starter, couldn't get it to crank for anything.  I tore it apart and found a hole, just like you said, right behind the starter.  It wasn't visible until the starter was off of it.

PS - That Typhoon is freakin' sweet.  Those are awesome trucks... I thought I'd seen it all when I'd seen a ton of black ones and a white one, but apperantly they come in red too, eh?

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #10
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;135082

yup that can happen and i try to be careful. i really only revved it up when it was under load. once or twice i did it without anything engaged just to hear what it sounded like :hick:  but i changed it so when the snow built up id smack the lever up all the way.

Case 2--my gokart. dad bought it for my brother and I like 8 years ago. was electric. three 12v deep cycle car batteries. they died like 3 years later. so my uncle helped me put on a 5hp tespoogeseh from like 1978, my dad had kept sitting at our house, from a snowblower he got for free from a friend and decided it was way too weak, and got our present 1997 troy-bilt 8 horse.

this engine HAS NO GOVERNOR. when i hit the gas, if im on a straight stretch, it SCREAMS. still runs fine, good compression. LOL. go figure. but it was free, so ima thrash it til it blows! :hick:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #11
No snow in Chicago and it was about 50* today :grinno:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #12
Quote from: thunderjet302;135220
No snow in Chicago and it was about 50* today :grinno:

Your weather is always 2 days away from us our forecast says it will be about that on Wednesday.

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #13
Billy, how long were you choppingup ice on Saturday?  I was out there for 4 hours....... Oh, BTW PM me if you still have that grey ashtray.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Snow in NY 3/17/2007

Reply #14
Quote from: V8Demon;135278
Billy, how long were you choppingup ice on Saturday?  I was out there for 4 hours....... Oh, BTW PM me if you still have that grey ashtray.

Came home from work sat morning (about 830) alittle late everything was frozen solid so I left it. Sat evening had to go in early for St.Patrick’s Day night. Believe it or not I did alittle more just before I typed this tomorrow ill finish when my kid takes his afternoon nap. As for the ashtray I gotta have one lying around. Ill dig threw my garage and find it for you.