Skip to main content
Topic: my transmission got me kicked out of school!! (Read 1949 times) previous topic - next topic

my transmission got me kicked out of school!!

Ok so i was over at a friends house on the way back home, and i took a left through an intersection and i noticed i wasnt givng  it enough gas to make the tires spin but the right rear (and i got open dif) slipped a bit.  and really it felt that way. anyway i go to the next light and a big cloud of smoke engulfed my car.  so i turn down that road b/c its empty and i thought since i slipped my right rear was flat or something... i check my tire, its low but i see fluid... it was dark so i popped the hood for light and looked at the fluid... red?!?!? the whole time the engine bay is smoking and i pinpointed the source... right where the dipstick is, that tunnel.... GAH!!.  i go to the first gas station to monitor it and see if i could get air... i didnt have any change so i was screwed and when i saw the fluid now gushing, i jumped in b/c i was miles away from home.  20 infact.  so i drove through the hills and NC to get home and to make it go i had to rev to about 3300 rpm.. i'd hover the rpms there it'd grab and i'd floor it.  only way to do it.  i know i ruined the transmission but its been ****ed up since i got it.  i guess thats why i thrashed it. then i could get a RELIABLE ride to school so i failed 2 classes, which they charged me 1427.00 for the second one i failed.  so the only way to get my car going for school so quickly would have prolly taken thousands..  so i had to drop... i was in checkmate.. good news tho?  im workin at a place cuttin rotors, i can finally fix my car the way i want it.

Cheers!

Reply #1
Soooo your tranny started leaking so you dropped out of school? :dunno:

Dont blame the car for your own stupidity.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #2
no, my transmission wasnt leaking, when i stopped a quart of ATF was gushing on the ground, then i drove it 20 miles home... i had to keep my momentum up and rev to 3500 rpm to get the car into gear.  its terminal the car wont move... i mean i can crank it up rev it up to redline and it'll move 2 feet, but other than that i need a new transmission.  the thing is fried i started taking it apart and there isnt anything to salvage from it.  and about missing school i couldnt help it i didnt have a reliable mode of transportation.  usually when your takin someone to school and the person is 5 min late you at least knock on the door out of courtasy to see if i was going.  its funny when he saw me the next day "oh i didnt know you'd time out, my bad.  the ****er knew i was ganna time out he did that shiznit on purpose.  at NASCAR tech theres a lot of competition within the student community.  i never should have trusted them.  if my transmission didnt blow, and i didnt have to replace the entire thing there wouldnt be a problem, i'd just keep filling it with atf but as soon as you put a bottle in, crank it up the atf is on the ground before you get 5 feet.  but i have enough left over from my student loan for 3 years at west ga university.  im on the verge of selling the bird, it doesnt have a transmission but im sure i can sell it as a  good parts car.  im thinkin about gettin a pick up or a small sedan.

btw, what was so stupid on my part for the valving going to hell?

Reply #3
fix the leak.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #4
Quote from: Autocat;133806

btw, what was so stupid on my part for the valving going to hell?

I think he's refering to you dropping out of school and blaming it on a transmission (quitting is a far cry from getting kicked out). At least, that's what I would have meant by stupid.

I quit my first year of college, a month early. Imagine how stupid I felt when I fell on my face and ended up doubling my student loans just to start over two years later than everyone else my age.

Get a bike, or something. A tranny can't take you down.

Reply #5
so i fix the leak, put atf in there... so what about all tq converter.. like i said i already took it apart and the thing is fried.  everything that needs fluid burned up.  so im pretty much ganna sell it as a parts car.  i mean its got 80% mint interior, like the full consol is in perfect condition.  engines great.  drivetrain from tranny back is brand new (besides the stock rearend)  all the body needs is the trim on the fenders and a good paint.  the body is almost flawless.  its basically got all the options you can get for a 5.0 87.  besides, you guys have been  bags so im just ganna sell the car to someone who'll rape it.

Reply #6
how the hell did you get kicked out? for missing a day?

The car doesnt deserve to be beaten like it has been. get your shiznit straight and play nice with it. HELL go t5 its way more fun.

We arent the douche bags. We are TRYING to help you. but obviously you dont WANT our help.

Reply #7
nah, see your insulting me.  se the way Nascar Tech works is you fail a class for missing 12 hours of class time.  its 90 hours a class.  the  that was giving me a ride told me to be down in the parking lot of my apts at the time at 11:30.  when i got down there he had already left and i waited till 12 and h never came back.  so that was 6 hours.  a couple more days and he gives me a ride, but by the second week he did the exact same time.  so i houred out.  thats fine i got a freebee.  but then the first 2 days of the new semester the guy did the same axact thing. so i failed twice.  if i had my car, no problem what so ever.  then ontop of 1500-2500 to get someone to put a transmission in my car, and the 1427.00 the school wanted i was doomed.  i didnt have what 3000-4000 to get everything fixed, hell im poor, i didnt have that kinda cash.  so i was basically kicked out for failing, flunked would be the word, even though i had a 3.9 gpa at the school.  besides you guys think its a leak, when infact the transmission is worthless.  it might have started as a leak but i didnt have the money to get it towed so i had to drive it.  hell the atf i drained out of the trans was dngy black and smelled like dif oil (it wasnt dif oil)  i never once neutral dropped it, i never slammed through the gears.  infact when the line broke i was driving like a grandma.  all the help im getting fro you guys is "fix the leak"  uhm, how about all the blued metals and and cracked pan?  im telling you the trans is gone, there is no fixing it.

besides this tranny made me have to quit nascar tech, but there are tech schools all around me but to get to those places i have to have a car.  and a bike?  i dont wanna die or end up in jail.  im prolly ganna part this car out, or sale it as a parts car, get a more reliable car and be done with it.  every month something breaks.  the heater core is on its last leg, the onlything good in the car is the int and the chassis and engine.

Reply #8
Shouldn't you be driving a mustang somewhere?

Reply #9
mustang?  im at the point where i say screw ford all together.  they're a burden.

Reply #10
That's more like it.

Reply #11
see what i mean, big fat over filled douche.and somone said that you guys were trying to help.  talk about some bullshiznit.

Reply #12
cant help somebody that wont help themselves...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #13
Also, I dont think you should part the car out or sell it to someone who wont take care of it just cause the tranny broke.  Thats just wrong; I'm sure someone on here would be glad to take it.  Or you could just...*gasp*...fix it.

Oh, I didnt mean to say "fix it."  I mean "replace the tranny."  The price you pay for a crummy car is what you'll pay for that tranny.  I'd take a nice 5.0 Fox Tbird over some rusted out $1500 dirt pit car.

Reply #14
you sound like a camaro guy.

have a nice day :D