Skip to main content
Topic: H.O conversion in Norway (Read 2710 times) previous topic - next topic

H.O conversion in Norway

Hi

I`m converting my so Bird to HO. Could not resist doing it altough it ment costing much to get parts to Norway. Luckily i made som great deals on ebay on nearly everything i needed. But the E7 heads i found nearby here in Norway :D

I post more pictures later when i get the heads on later this weekend and get it painted. Its going to be dark ford blue.

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #1
Keep it up.You'll be glad you did the swap when you're finished.Which computer are you using for the conversion?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #2
I dont know exactly wich but its sd and 87 something car but i will check the numbers later tonight. Not easy to find the right ecm when you lives on the other side of ocean ;) Not many cars to part out here.

Thor

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #3
Since you are going Speed Density H.O. you can get a computer from any '86-'88 Mustang or any '86-'92 Lincoln Mark VII.

Here's the info on the computer part numbers.

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #4
I just did my HO conversion last week and it's really really cool.  You're going to love it.

As far as the computer goes, I got the HO 5-speed computer and it works perfectly in my AOD car.  If your car is AOD and you plan to go with a T5 down the road, definitely get the 5-speed comp.  Thats why I got it.

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #5
here is the numbers of the ecm i`m hoping to use

EEC-IV        DE
SFI-SD1    E7SF-12A650-E1A

Maybe some one can tell me what this is from?

I know i i`ll dig the added horsepower, but i`m very exited to get the "feel"

Thor

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #6
Oh trust me, you wont be disappointed in the 'feel' department.

For the computer, you want to look for one of these numbers:

E7SF-12A650-A1B (manual tranny - the one I have)
E7SF-12A650-B1A  (AOD tranny)

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #8
You gonna turn the motor over before you install it??? :D

Quote from: woody76;133382
Hi

I`m converting my so Bird to HO. Could not resist doing it altough it ment costing much to get parts to Norway. Luckily i made som great deals on ebay on nearly everything i needed. But the E7 heads i found nearby here in Norway :D

I post more pictures later when i get the heads on later this weekend and get it painted. Its going to be dark ford blue.

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #9
Well i guess its easier than flipping the car over...:hick:

Got one cyl.head back on yesterday and the other is planned today and then prep the engine. then primer and maybe the first coat of color.

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #10
so i can use the computer i allready got from ebay is that right. Can i swap computer later for a 5sp computer even if want to keep the SD system?

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #11
Woody,

The computer you have will be fine. Here is a link to the Cool Cats site, click on Tech and then 5.0 conversion for more info.

Bill

Mr. Bill

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #12
If you really want to do an H.O conversion,do a few things first.

1.Ask a a lot of questions and gather up your info (study.You need to have an idea of the project at hand).
2.Take your time and gather all of the parts that are needed (cheap if you take your time).
3.Be patient.Do not get in a hurry.
4.Have a good knowledgeable helper and a close parts store .You'll run into some small problem,and you will have to go to the parts store for something.100% chance of that.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #13
Quote from: vinnietbird;133573
You'll run into some small problem,and you will have to go to the parts store for something.100% chance of that.

This couldn't be any more true. You wouldn't believe all the stupid little inconveniences that will hold you up.

H.O conversion in Norway

Reply #14
i`ve read so much i can about the swap and paying close attention to coolcats list of what /need to do and what to get list. And i have been lurkin arround here a long time altough not very active in posting :beatyoass: Pluss i work in my dads partsstore for american cars here in norway. :D

just got the engine primed and soon to get first colorcoat :hick: