Skip to main content
Topic: Heres what I've been working on. (Read 587 times) previous topic - next topic

Heres what I've been working on.

I bought a 94 cougar. I got it on Mon Feb 18, 2007. It only cost me $200.00. It has been in a wreck and needs some work to make it legal. The front driver side corner took most of the damage. The guy I bought it from bought it for the A/c compressor but only took the clutch off it. I bought a clutch and took the hood off and filled it up with water and put the upper hose back on. I drove it home 15miles runs great. It has a  V8 4.6L Sohc. The guy I bought it from had the front fender off and I can see new ball joints and struts. According to the window sticker it is 300 some miles from needing an oil change, also changed the oil and air filter the old air filter looked brand new. So if you want to see pics look at my cardomain page. Here is a link.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2583741

This is gonna be the new daliy driver while I piant and finsh up making my 84 Turbo coupe the Show stopper she deserves to be. So far I've only invested $400.00 total I have all the parts and just need to do the labor. I have a mig so welding in a new rad support is no big deal. Here are some preview pics
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #1
I love cheap beaters ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #2
Until I read that your wife was the one who got the headunit, I was gonna say, you broke even with that being in there. Not bad at all for $200
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #3
Looks pretty good. I wonder how much MPG does 4.6 / 5.0 cougars get. I ever wanted one of those, but still in love with foxywrecked cougar.

You have plans to paint it when you have some spare money ? it would look even better....or to sell again and make a profit...

You did a good deal. Congrats...
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150