Skip to main content
Topic: Oh the carnage. (Read 2273 times) previous topic - next topic

Oh the carnage.

Reply #15
While on the subject of RCMP vehicles, working in a shop that builds them (and also strips the old ones), I get to see all the RCMP's "Greatest hits" as it were.

Pic 1 and 2 are the results of a parked CVPI being rear-ended by a 14-passenger van travelling at 75MPH. The cruiser was stopped at an accident scene (single vehicle, car in the ditch) and the van driver was drawn to his flashing lights like a moth. Note how the body of the car is literally peeled off the (still relatively straight) frame, and how small the "prisoner" area is. The officer suffered minor injuries. The driver of the car that was in the ditch ended up with two broken legs, though - he was pinned between the cruiser and his own car.

Pic 3 is a brand new, less than 1500 mile CVPI after a rookie botched a high-speed U-turn while trying to turn around to catch a speeder and ended up in the ditch. Every single panel on the car was twisted.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Oh the carnage.

Reply #16
looks like it was nailed right above the bumper and just squished in
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Oh the carnage.

Reply #17
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;130131
While on the subject of RCMP vehicles, working in a shop that builds them (and also strips the old ones), I get to see all the RCMP's "Greatest hits" as it were.

When I was there last there was 4-5 crown vics and 2 impalas pretty well complete minus the obvious lights and a few body pbuttstuffs.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

dead hyundai

Reply #18
back in late 06 when i first came up here to nc from ga i was driving a 2000 elantra.  this dumbass in a white ford focus was infront of me and a truck was turning into a parkinglot.  they got over in the left to take off past them, then dove back in my lane and locked the wheels up.  i had no where to go in a matter of seconds.  not even my good reflexes could do anything with it.  my hyundai was totaled, the focus had a bent bumper support and exhaust.  800 dollars later he has an aftermarket exhaust and a new body kit.  i never got a ticket for it tho.  and it was worse than it looks..  the hyundai always dives below the impact point on most vehicles, so the hood and core support takes the brunt.  the airbag didnt help me at all cept blow my hand off the wheel into the dash.  plus the bumper cover flexed so much it doesnt even look too hurt.  both headlights were pushed out, car was gone.  good engine and transmission tho, even better transaxel.

Oh the carnage.

Reply #19
A tire blew out on this truck hauling sand.

Oh the carnage.

Reply #20
My old 88 bird after it went to the new owner he got ran off the road:toilet:

Car was totaled , rear end was completely ripped loose,header were ripped off the motor etc... i had more pics but lost em RIP project cheap bird RIP
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Oh the carnage.

Reply #21
Quote from: Slinky;130248
A tire blew out on this truck hauling sand.
Guy's lucky the truck didn't keep going over...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Oh the carnage.

Reply #22
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;130131

Pic 1 and 2 are the results of a parked CVPI being rear-ended by a 14-passenger van travelling at 75MPH. The cruiser was stopped at an accident scene (single vehicle, car in the ditch) and the van driver was drawn to his flashing lights like a moth. Note how the body of the car is literally peeled off the (still relatively straight) frame, and how small the "prisoner" area is. The officer suffered minor injuries. The driver of the car that was in the ditch ended up with two broken legs, though - he was pinned between the cruiser and his own car.

Pic 3 is a brand new, less than 1500 mile CVPI after a rookie botched a high-speed U-turn while trying to turn around to catch a speeder and ended up in the ditch. Every single panel on the car was twisted.

So I'm guessing that the Vics stand up better than the Impalas to, uh, police duty:hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Oh the carnage.

Reply #23
wasn't in it, but i saw it before they started to remove the car from the trees. It was horrid to look it, the trees where where the drivers seat should have been, the entire trans axle and motor were sitting away from the car. The woman driving was dead, like i figured. What a horrid way to die.
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Oh the carnage.

Reply #24
Last Year (December 2006), two womans killed by a drunk driver with his pick-up truck, I know the woman's and the drunk driver, bad history...

The little Hyundai was litteraly kinked at all, the mazda pick up s too, front frame bent a feet left...

Regards,

Dom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

Oh the carnage.

Reply #25
Many people lives are ended because of stupid mistakes. I wish they'd find out what happened to the woman this morning, there was no other car at the scene just her in the trees and it was off a straight away
my $300 beater ;)

Oh the carnage.

Reply #26
Another one a little before the truck/car shot, a 22 years old woman in reverse after go to the veterinary for his cat, never see the freight coming...

The Young Woman and his cat killed instantly in the crash...

Around a mile over the last one (bad road maybe)...

Regards,

Dom.

Oh the carnage.

Reply #27
Quote from: daboss351;130751
Many people lives are ended because of stupid mistakes. I wish they'd find out what happened to the woman this morning, there was no other car at the scene just her in the trees and it was off a straight away

Some people run very too fast on a slipping road or in a bad tuned cars, it's stupid...

In My area the most killing car crash is due by the drunk drivers, in second, too fast, I'm in a little town with a lot of curved roads...

Dom.

Oh the carnage.

Reply #28
A not bad pic here...

There was My first vehicle, My father donated to Me his Mercury grand marquis brougham 1974, 460 4V, a real sleeper with a lot of power, trust Me, this  car was run around 135-140mph (2mpg eheheh)...

This is not MY car, but exactly the same, IDENTICAL!!!, same color, same everything!!!, a lot of "souvenirs" with this car...

RIP 1988 (frame issue).

What a big beautyful car, 4490lbs in the titles, over 4500 with Me:evilgrin: ...

Sorry to hijack the thread,

Dom.

Oh the carnage.

Reply #29
This was my friend's Impreza after we went around a 90 degree turn around 70 mph and into a tree.  :disappoin

X
Foxless :(