Skip to main content
Topic: Diary of a TC... (Read 9401 times) previous topic - next topic

Diary of a TC...

Reply #30
plus im not sure if he sold them. I wanted them but the backspace won't fit on my car i was pissed
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Diary of a TC...

Reply #31
Test Fit...

I can see why the wheels were damaged. He was running a 245/35/18 tire. I looks too small for a 9-inch wide wheel. I'm going to get an estimate from Weldcraft to repair the lip and cut the wheels down to a more front friendly 8-inches. Also keep in mind that I am running a 1-inch spacer in the rear. That is why they stick out to the edge. I would imagine that removing the spacer an 18x10 wheel would fit no problem.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Diary of a TC...

Reply #32
Looking good!  Stock engine?

Diary of a TC...

Reply #33
Quote from: stuntmannick;133293
Looking good!  Stock engine?

Thanks.

The engine pretty much stock. Just a RR Cam conversion so far.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #34
i like it with the spacer to bad they can't stick out like that it looks awesome!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Diary of a TC...

Reply #35
You hang the exhaust yet?

I cant tell from the pics, how badly are they damaged?
It's Gumby's fault.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #36
Quote from: Tbird232ci;133476
You hang the exhaust yet?

I cant tell from the pics, how badly are they damaged?

Not yet. I plan on dropping it off tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

The wheels aren't that bad, it's a little bit easier to see the dent in this pic.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #37
Curb rash isnt bad...but...that dent...yeah.
It's Gumby's fault.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #38
I just dropped it off. Still smell gas!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Looks like the biggest concern is where it goes over the axle. And since my car is lowered. It's even tighter. We shall see how it goes.

I really dislike other people driving my car.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #39
Itll go over the axle with no problem Antionio. I had a 3" tailpipe on my car that fit like , and it went over.
It's Gumby's fault.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #40
Just got the car back, overall I'm happy... just not with the tip. And I don't think I'm going to be able to fit a 10-inch wheel back there either. That I'm bummed about. Here are the pics.

But I must admit it sounds pretty  good. :D

Diary of a TC...

Reply #41
, making progress on that thing.  Glad you decided not to sell it.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #42
How close is it to the gas tank fill tube? Do you think you could get a pic of that for me?
It's Gumby's fault.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #43
Quote from: Tbird232ci;133818
How close is it to the gas tank fill tube? Do you think you could get a pic of that for me?

It shouldn't be that close. The pipe stays below the pinch weld on the tank. Honestly I wish it was a little closer to the tank for wheel/tire fitment. I'll get pics sometime this week.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #44
im with you on that tip not my fav sticks out a bit far
my $300 beater ;)