Skip to main content
Topic: Diary of a TC... (Read 9402 times) previous topic - next topic

Diary of a TC...

Reply #15
Quote from: Tbird232ci;130936
What tailpipe is that? The one i have fits like ass and is one piece.

Stinger is selling 3-Inch tailpipes now (I think $90 Shipped) so I bought everything (minus the tip) from him. They seem to be selling like hotcakes. I was on backorder for about a week. I think I am going to get a couple ball-n-socket connectors to keep it... removable friendly.

EDIT: Where did you come from Chuck? :D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Diary of a TC...

Reply #16
Glad to hear you kept it, your gonna have to get me a sound clip of how it sounds, my dads needs a exhaust upgrade bad.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Diary of a TC...

Reply #17
Quote from: Ether947;130944

I fear you underestimate the sneakness.... ;)

I'll be getting a tail pipe from him as well in the not too distant future.  Now I'm just trying to find a couple old Mustang tailpipes with the stainless tips to build my twin tip....

EDIT - You went with the passenger exit didn't you?
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Diary of a TC...

Reply #18
Quote from: Chuck W;130951
I fear you underestimate the sneakness.... ;)

I'll be getting a tail pipe from him as well in the not too distant future.  Now I'm just trying to find a couple old Mustang tailpipes with the stainless tips to build my twin tip....

EDIT - You went with the passenger exit didn't you?

Yep, passenger side.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #19
I kno wi sound dumb here, but what is the difference between pass and driver side exit? Just where the tailpipe/tip comes out? Or am I missing some 2.3T detail here?

Diary of a TC...

Reply #20
Quote from: 84 Fila;131015
I kno wi sound dumb here, but what is the difference between pass and driver side exit? Just where the tailpipe/tip comes out? Or am I missing some 2.3T detail here?

Ok,  I'll be nice.....;)

You can either route the exhaust down the driver or pass side of the car.  "Normally" on the 2.3T single it routes over to the driver side from the passenger side (Where the stock turbo outlet is).  This routes everything just down the pass side and out a pass side tail pipe instead of a driver side one.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Diary of a TC...

Reply #21
Quote from: 20th anny 5.o;130938
Dont sell if you do anything put it up like i did. I still catch myself wanting to drive the 87 again and kind of regretting buying the 99.

i dont seem to remember...why did you get the 99? just as a daily driver so the 87 doesnt deteriorate anymore?

/off topic
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Diary of a TC...

Reply #22
Chuck i explained it to him after he posted it this morning too lol
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Diary of a TC...

Reply #23
Quote from: Ether947;130944
Stinger is selling 3-Inch tailpipes now (I think $90 Shipped) so I bought everything (minus the tip) from him. They seem to be selling like hotcakes. I was on backorder for about a week. I think I am going to get a couple ball-n-socket connectors to keep it... removable friendly.

Im very close to ordering the tailpipe, and a tip i found on summit (100 shipped for the tip...i have expensive taste), but im curious to know how it works out for you.

You have an ETA on when the exhaust will be on?
It's Gumby's fault.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #24
Sometime after next weekend... hopefully. I don't think the exhaust shop would like welding up an exhaust near a leaky gas tank.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #25
One of the few engine parts I will buy. I don't know why, but I have never really been that big on modifying my engines.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #26
Just picked up a couple of 18x9 Bullitts for dirt cheap. I couldn't believe nobody wanted them. They where curbed but otherwise look ok.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #27
i can get a set of 6 of those ,4 17by 8.5 and a set of 2 18 by 10 the first for with yoko's, and the second set with bfg drag radials for 580 bucks
my $300 beater ;)

Diary of a TC...

Reply #28
Got all of my exhaust parts, got my ported E6 last week. Can't wait to get the whole setup installed. :D

Couple cheap gauges I picked up from eBay. They better work!

The following item has been so elusive for me. I have placed an order before and it never showed. I ended up having to cancel it after my 88TC was diagnosed with some serious cancer. But now it's finally in my hands and I can't wait to abuse it. xD

Look ma! no gas... on the ground. New gas tank!!! I need to paint it though... it's ugly.

Diary of a TC...

Reply #29
Quote from: daboss351;133102
i can get a set of 6 of those ,4 17by 8.5 and a set of 2 18 by 10 the first for with yoko's, and the second set with bfg drag radials for 580 bucks

How much for just the 18's w/ Yokohama's. Ah, nevermind your far away.