Skip to main content
Topic: Bidding war on Cougar corner light set on Ebay! $455+ lol (Read 3387 times) previous topic - next topic

Bidding war on Cougar corner light set on Ebay! $455+ lol

OMG!! This is hilarious!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140082245606

Current bid:   US $455.00    
End time:   4 hours 43 mins (Feb-10-07 16:30:24 PST)
Shipping costs:   
US $10.50
US Postal Service Parcel Post®
Service to United States
(more services)
Ships to:   United States
Item location:   Munford, TN, United States
History:   20 bids
High bidder:   Bidder 1Feedback score is 100 to 499

I know bidder #1 is a member here who seems to have infinite resources, not sure who the other two are - but I assume they post here as well.

Anyone want to fess up to this madness?

;)
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #1
Those are really nice. They would complete my new(er) headlight set but $455? Nah, I'd rather put a polisher to mine and buy another Cougar with that money.

ZondaC12 mentioned them in another thread that I saw earlier. They were at 2 hundred something at the time.

So who here are bidding?

Reply #2
Someones gonna pay $500 for those, throw them on their car, and then wreck it.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #3
Quote from: bhazard;128728
Someones gonna pay $500 for those, throw them on their car, and then wreck it.

that is definitely a "i put these lights in and never drive my car again set of lights!"

Reply #4
Yeah, how does that member owned FOX garage/salvage yard idea sound now? Just give it a few more years. :dunce:

Reply #5
Theres 2 people willing to pay big bucks for it. The guy with the $450 max bid and the $455 bid guy, is a third going to come out of nowhere?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
Dang, And I got my corners and taillights for less than a hundred. Used but practically new!

Dang.
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #7
Quote from: xr7cat;128741
Dang, And I got my corners and taillights for less than a hundred. Used but practically new!

Dang.

I polished mine using my plastic polishing technique I posted a couple of years ago - they still look new to me. :D
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #8
HOLY  i almost soiled myself when i saw the thread title.

yah this morning it was $200. what the hell is wrong with people?
even if you have plenty of $ to throw around it just seems awfully wasteful.

Hey Cougar5.0, mind posting a link to that technique? im thinking i want to polish/wet sand/whatever my lights, they could use it.
and does anyone know if theres a paint or something you can buy that is the silver reflective coating? my driver side parking light is missing a lot. i can see through the lens it looks as if some one sprayed high pressure water at it for a REAL long time and slowly wore away at it from the outside in LOL. how it can just disappear like that boggles my mind.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #9
I am embarrassed...but please do not make too much fun of me!

:hick: .

Reply #10
I have had my '87 since I was 17 (21 years ago), and I kinda recently (a yr. ago) accquired a second 20th Anny. The price on that car was right (free) but it needs work, and all the front lenses are total poop. The original plan was to just use it for a few parts, then get rid of it...but now I have a dream of making it my own "custom" version, playing around with paint/upholstery choices, engine mods, etc. while keeping my first car totally stock.

I am not at all what any of you could probably consider "wealthy," being a single school teacher and all...as a matter of fact I rent out one of my rooms in my house to a friend to help make ends meet! And then there is my side job of mowing 7 of my neighbor's yards. I am borderline obsesive when it comes to the Cougar, though...when you KNOW you are going to keep it for the rest of your life you get a little, I don't know, paranoid. And now I have 2 to worry about. They can be repainted, they can be reupholstered, the engines can be fixed...but the plastic ...is plastic.

I guess I need help (like ebayer's annonymous or something). Next time any of y'all see me doing something stupid like this again - tell me to stop!

Reply #11
Stupid, nah, it's not stupid. I personally couldn't afford them but if I could, I'd c00ch them if I had the chance.

That's cool you're going for them Royce, they couldn't go to anyone more enthusiastic. I'm actually glad someone here is getting them and they will be cared for.

Reply #12
yeah man at least its for one of "our cars"!!!

like you said, ANYTHING for your baby. sometimes its worth it, and those do look NICE.

i dont thin ive seen either of your 20th annys, post up some pics (or PM em to me if you dont wanna clog up the thread with a bunch o' pics)
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #13
We've all been there, blowing WAY too much on something we just want that doesnt come up every day, ebay is evil.

I can admit without crying that I've got thousands of dollars in boxes in my spare room closet full of items that I dont need... yet.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #14
Haha! I knew who would be involved in this bidding war even before clicking the link.

But for anyone who has met Royce, this really isn't a surprise. Just a guy who loves his Cougars and treats them right.

Congrats on the win Royce! At least you aren't throwing away your money on crack cocaine or something. ;)
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7