Skip to main content
Topic: Engine swappin' time !!!! (Read 1252 times) previous topic - next topic

Engine swappin' time !!!!

Tomorrow (Saturday) morning,we're swapping the engine into the project car,named "Project Pheonix" by my 11 year ld.It's the beginning of that car,and the end of the road for my blue 'Bird.I'll have a list of parts for sale in the next week or so since I'll be stripping the daily driver to build the "Pheonix".After the engine swap,I still have to finish sanding the car,swap in the interior,and paint.I'm excited that "Pheonix" is getting road worthy tomorrow,but a little sad for the blue 'Bird because i've had that car for sooooooo long.A new beginning.I'll post tomorrow after the swap,and hope to have pics.Now,if my Cobra R wheels would just hury up and get here !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
Why are you killing the blue one???

Reply #2
I hate to do it,but it has been hit twice in 6 weeks.The front core support is bent,the door,driver's fender,and header panel are wastedThe passenger fender was pulled to the left during the first hit,causing it to crack at thye points where it bolts down under the hood.It does hurt to part it out,as I built it from the ground up,but,it's heart and soul will go to "Pheonix",and after the engine swap,I'll start the interior swap with ol' Blue's (the interior is near mint in the blue car),a little sanding,then off to paint.It should all be finished by the end of March at the very latest.I have the TC hood going on after the engine swap today,I already installed Blue's TC bumper cover and fog light brackets.A header panel is coming as we speak,as are my new wheels and new Dashcap.I'll use all I need from Blue,then sell the rest to keep the funds coming for "Pheonix".My son (11 yrs.),wanted me to get a personalized liscence plate that reads "PHEONIX",so I think we'll do that.I'm going back to the boneyard I went to the other day next week for more misc. pieces.They had a lot of Birds and Cougars,and 3 TC's.One had red interior and a sunroof.Nice.It had the red vent shade for the sunroof that was mint.I'll pull it and a few other parts.I don't need them,but I know someone will,and I'll need money coming in if I plan on finishing this car on schedule.I'm taking my camara today to get some before,during and after pics.Stay tuned.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
If it's red leather pull it ALL. Layla is Red Leather moonroof and I need interior stuff BAD. I'm SURE I have stuff to trade you that you need for Phoenix.

Reply #4
Well,the engine and tranny have been swapped.Wicked long day.It's still a slight up hill battle.I have to start swapping the interior,the bodywork,and then,finally,paint.Right now,the car is gold with a blue front TC bumper cover,and a red TC hood.Very,very ugly.....for now.Body work will be everyday that the weather is decent and allows me to sand without becoming frozen and numb.

Hey Michael,The interior in that car is cloth.If there's anything I can check for you,though,let me know so I can grab it when I go back.Pm me with a list.I saw a great looking dash in a Cougar,grey on the top,red on the bottom (never seen one like that before),no cracks.I was impressed.I would've got it,but I have a new dash cap coming and didn't want to swap dashes honostly.

Reply #5
Don't have any pics of the swap or the work in progress, I like pics of that:hick:

Dom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

Reply #6
I do,but Fila is going to post them for me.Stay tuned...........

Reply #7
Just got home and I'm uploading to photobucket as we speak.

Reply #8
And here they are....

Reply #9
More....

Reply #10
The end...

P.S. Love the fan shroud Vin

Reply #11
THANKS FILA !!! The fan shroud was a little dirty.....heck,everything was,and still is.No need in polishing the aluminum parts and cleaning until the rest is done.I have new graphics for the replacement shroud for Pheonix.That was Blue's shroud.It represents a T-Bird with the heart of a Mustang.I designed it a long time ago.The interior will hopefully be completely swapped tomorrow if the weather permits.That tan  sucks.I have everything ready,carpet,dew wipes,seats,new black seat  belts,headliner,stereo,10 disc cd player,etc,etc,etc.More updates as they come.You all may be surprised in the end results (hopefully by the end of March).Stay tuned.............................

Reply #12
YESSS! the pics are here:hick: ...

Your Blue bird seems not looking so bad?, but I guess You choosed the best of the two birds, as well.

When You swapped the engine, the electric harness of the silver was ok for the "new" engine, or You swapped the engine harness into the silver bird???, just curious...

Post a pics of all of Your progress, I LIKE IT!!!:D .

Dom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

Reply #13
I didn't have to swap the harness at all.Just plug and play.I did swap in the H.O computer,and lengthened the O2 haness to reach the sensors,and swapped over my 3G wiring.It rained last night ( !!!!!),so I may or may not get to do my interior work.I'm at the weather's mercy.More pics as soon as I can make some progress.