Skip to main content
Topic: Mystery Wire (Read 828 times) previous topic - next topic

Mystery Wire

Looking at this pic of the temp sensor on the heater pipe I need to know what else was wired in with the connector that goes on Here... Thanks for your Help

It would be nice to let you know that it is a 88 EFI bird engine.. This wiring has made me pull all my hair out.. wow! this is Fun

Mystery Wire

Reply #1
look in electrical tech,,, your answer is there.  Many EVTM pages of the EEC ,, and the ECT with wire colors and what pins on the eec included.  You have the whole darn eec layout,, in your other thread in electrical tech.

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=12344

: )  This sensor and how it lands did not change even  on the a9L eec with respect to pins on the computer and wire colors.

i guess if you did not know it was called an "ECT", engine coolant temp sensor, then  you would not know what wires to deal with.  Better brush up on the jargin.  check out my DIY link above my sig and scroll through the pulling codes section.  In there you will find what all these things stand for as well as how to test the ECT.  Manuals will tell you where they are located.

Mystery Wire

Reply #2
Ok what I am trying to say is what other wires are included in this Harness I can't find the plug for this. Strange. I should have all the wires unless my son threw them away..

Mystery Wire

Reply #3
Ok that is taken care of after I got enough color codes to figure out that I had the left bank FI on the right hand side.. Now the plug fits like it is supposed to. Thanks for your help Jcassity..

Mystery Wire

Reply #4
oh,,, you musta had the harness flopped ,,
congrads on getting it sorted.