Skip to main content
Topic: Exciting news (Read 743 times) previous topic - next topic

Exciting news

We have been looking for a bigger house to rent. It's hard to find one big enough for all of us and affordable and allow the cat and dog.
We found out last week that a guy at church has one that he rents out. We went to look at it and it's HUGE!! Perfect for our big family. Also, he is charging less rent than we pay now, although we'll have to pay for electric, which is included in our rent now.

We spoke to him today and we'll go look at it again Friday and he'll go with us this time to see it. (Last week when we looked at it he said just go in and look at it) He said let him know what we want him to fix or need done and he'll d it. He said give him a date we want to move on and he'll have it done for us!

We said our lease runs out here at the end of June, so that would be a good time. He said no problem.

I then told my sister about it, since we rent from her, and she is very happy for us. We won't have to break the lease and we'll have a house big enough for us.

We also think that after a couple years, if we like it, we might check to see if we could buy it from him.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Exciting news

Reply #1
That is GREAT news, Karen! You've got to be happy about that. I still think about last year when you saw my kitchen and said, "Wow, your kitchen is a lot bigger than ours"...and my kitchen isn't big at all. And I thought, "Sheesh, how do you work in a smaller kitchen than this, with 6 other people?!" You definitely needed to upgrade! That's very cool, I hope it works out for ya.

Exciting news

Reply #2
LOL, yeah Eric, that was funny. The kitchen in the new house still isn't as big as yours, but, there is a lot more room than the one we have now. Plus we'll have a dining room, so no more eating on TV trays in the living room.

We'll also have an extra room downstairs that we plan on using for a game room/workout/ TV room. We figured that when we have family get togethers, (which we will be able to do since the house is so big) the kids can have a room to play in and the adults will have the Dining room and/or main living room to relax and talk.
It's been 8 years since we could have our whole family over for a dinner or anything. So, I look forward to that.

Exciting news

Reply #3
Good luck to ya.Little angel.Wish ya the best.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Exciting news

Reply #4
Thanks!

Exciting news

Reply #5
Glad everythings working out for you but I gotta say, renting is a scam,  For less than half the rent of a 3bdrm house in the city here you could make a mortgage payment.

Do what you can when you can though.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC