Skip to main content
Topic: fuel pump locations (Read 2383 times) previous topic - next topic

fuel pump locations

Reply #15
My 84 3.8L T-Bird has the two pumps. I tried taking a picture by sticking the camara under the car. Not very good results but you can see the pink wire going to it.

What I used to do to post pictures doesn't work anymore?

fuel pump locations

Reply #16

My 84 3.8L T-Bird has the two pumps. I stuck my camera under the car and took some pics with poor results. You can see the pink wire going to the pump.

fuel pump locations

Reply #17

My 84 3.8 has the two pumps. You can see the pink wire to the pump.

fuel pump locations

Reply #18
ok,,
well i just dont know why this second pump thing has not come up in the past.  Perhaps i wasnt paying attention but i dont ever remember this ever being brought up even on the old board.

i took a note of it,, thats all i really needed.

fuel pump locations

Reply #19
Interesting indeed.  My 86 has only the in-tank pump.  No second pump here boss.
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.

fuel pump locations

Reply #20
i think anyone with 83 o 84 cars should be on the look out for a "different way" to approach fuel related troubleshooting.

fuel pump locations

Reply #21
my 83 ls 3.8 v6 running throttle body injection only had an in tank pump which i pulled when the 5.0 set up for edelbrock carb went on. i pulled the entire fuel system to run new and larger lines from tank to motor for a hi flow edelbrock mechanical fuel pump. mark

fuel pump locations

Reply #22
I just saw this, what do you need me to do? I do have 2 pump, yes. And I'll be trying to run a carbed 302 on the in-tank pump. Is that what your asking?

fuel pump locations

Reply #23
basically...... i just want to do things the right way and find the correct fuel pick up and sending unit that does NOT have a pump on it... but if the pump that is IN the tank is low pressure (4-5 psi or so) then i would be safe to run that on a carb.... i dont want to bypass anything id rather do it right u know?

fuel pump locations

Reply #24
Yeah. I'm doing this now as I'm swapping to carb on my car. I can let you know how it goes if ya want.

fuel pump locations

Reply #25
Quote from: 84 Fila;128671
I just saw this, what do you need me to do? I do have 2 pump, yes. And I'll be trying to run a carbed 302 on the in-tank pump. Is that what your asking?

i brought this up in your ever going fila project,, you had questions about how to supply fuel to the carb and i brought this info in,, you replied back and said you had not tested the actual PSI out of the tank yet.,,,, thats all,,, . 

im guilty of pushing the topic,, i just had to know how many folks out there has two pumps and it turns out itshiznit or miss but isolated to the 83 and 84 years only.

some 83 or 84 years has this while others will not is what i can see so far.

Perhaps it depends on where the car was made.

softouch,, where was your car made? its in the vin number
84fila,, where was your car made? its in the vin number

fuel pump locations

Reply #26
1FABP46F5Eh199942. Dearborn IIRC

fuel pump locations

Reply #27
My car has a build date of 3/84.
The eleventh position of the VIN = H= Lorain Assembly Plant.

fuel pump locations

Reply #28
fila please do let me know... either on this forum or send me a pm... would be appreciated

fuel pump locations

Reply #29
It's lorain, Ohio. I have no f'in clue why I said dearborn.

I'll keep you posted. If you want the whole story just check here. It details to some extent all I have done so fare. Pics and more info tomorow. If you check often you get ALOT of stuff on the car.
Fila project from day one..