Skip to main content
Topic: Red_LX and autocat50 (Read 1558 times) previous topic - next topic

Red_LX and autocat50

heres the cut out picture for ya (ignore the dirt and such)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #1
FMIC coming soon?

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #2
lol up close it looks like you coulda done better with the box cutter..  but it seems like a bit of mesh thats black could fit nicely there.  although, unless your as close to the thing as the picture, you dont even see the bumper support nor inside of the bumper cover.  im thinkin about doin this mod if i find a good tc bumper.

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #3
Quote from: Autocat;125514
lol up close it looks like you coulda done better with the box cutter..  but it seems like a bit of mesh thats black could fit nicely there.  although, unless your as close to the thing as the picture, you dont even see the bumper support nor inside of the bumper cover.  im thinkin about doin this mod if i find a good tc bumper.

its cut fairly straight the angle makes it look jagged, When it was cut the car didnt have the bumper brace I hate how the flash makes things look;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #4
Quote from: Ifixyawata;125511
FMIC coming soon?

Its had a few FMIC's in it in the past,But yeah thats why it was cut to help get some more air across the core.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #5
Gosh!, I have a clean front bumper cover for a 87 or 88 TC here for You, If You paid the shipping via FedEx I donate to You...

Interested?....

Regards,

Dom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #6
it looks py because thats where the point of the bumper is
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #7
Thanks...hmm, the support doesn't protrude down into that opening as much as I thought it did.

I just might do that and look into getting some mesh to cover the opening.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #8
Quote from: Red_LX;125553
Thanks...hmm, the support doesn't protrude down into that opening as much as I thought it did.

I just might do that and look into getting some mesh to cover the opening.

If you wanted you could trim the support,I had to remove it with my last intercooler so it was a non issue for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #9
Quote from: Tbirdmaniac;125528
Gosh!, I have a clean front bumper cover for a 87 or 88 TC here for You, If You paid the shipping via FedEx I donate to You...

Interested?....

Regards,

Dom.

Ive got another i just need to pick up thanks for the offer though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #10
Yeah I thought about that too. When I removed my fog lightsI cut out the recesses in the bumper behind where they sit, so the air could flow through.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #11
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;125570
Ive got another i just need to pick up thanks for the offer though.

Okay, another one (red lx) PM Me for that, but I'll holded until Your response...

RED LX!!! If You still want, it's Your:D

Best regards,

Dom.

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #12
I cringe to think how much shipping would probably cost...

Any idea? I would probably have to have it shipped to zip code 26562.

Garrett H.
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #13
Quote from: Red_LX;125617
I cringe to think how much shipping would probably cost...

Any idea? I would probably have to have it shipped to zip code 26562.

As stated in My reply to Your PM Yesterday, I purchased  a TC bumper cover from a guy in Michigan, and via FedEx it cost to Me 62.22 USD for shipping, I guess it will the cost be closer for You cauz it's around the same weight and size, the difference will be only the distance, are You closer from Quebec vs Michigan???...

I talk with a guess only because I don't want to put out the bumper cover buried under the snow on the back of My home for nothing, for this I saw the example cost based on the bumper I purchased in Michigan...

Mine I purchased on ebay cost 50$ USD and 66.22$ USD, the total is over 110$ USD, with a duty taxes and change this bumper will cost to Me around 150$ CDN,but I need it! (kid want the toys) :hick:

For that I donate to anyone need it, I'm fed up to see a lot of Bird parts I'll never use (87-88) I'm a 83-86 4 eye birds, I have a TC header too, I asked 25$ for that to a guy when I'm new on the forum, but I'll donate too, it's useless for Me,. but the cost forthe shipping it's expensive a bit...

Anyway, if You ready to paid a 75$ shipping MAXIMUM, and You're serious, I'll put in My basp00get garage, weight and measure, and send to You the exact cost for shipping...

Have a nice Day...

Dom.

Have a nice day,

Dom.

Red_LX and autocat50

Reply #14
Well I'm not sure, I can't really spare $75 at the moment to be honest. May have to pass on the offer, but thanks.

Garrett H.
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip