Skip to main content
Topic: So I need your help... (Read 3074 times) previous topic - next topic

So I need your help...

Reply #15
Remember, you are INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. If the officer doesn't have video of you doing it, it didn't happen. Right now you will win, 2 witnesses to 1. I fought every ticket I didn't deserve, and I won them all.

So I need your help...

Reply #16
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;125073
Remember, you are INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. If the officer doesn't have video of you doing it, it didn't happen. Right now you will win, 2 witnesses to 1. I fought every ticket I didn't deserve, and I won them all.

yeah,I spent all my free time at work trying to call the police cheif with no luck so i could file a formal complaint against the officer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

So I need your help...

Reply #17
Fight it through, sometimes you can win even if you ARE guilty. I've done that countless times when I was younger. I Suppose I shouldn't try and sound too proud of that.
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

So I need your help...

Reply #18
i've been on both sides of this coin, both guilty and not guilty.  first of all, i know how being polite to a cop can set them off.  when i was about 18 i'd say i was driving my bird down a back road and i had lights in my rearview.  at this time i was high as a kite from smokin weed (the things i used to do, i swear - no worries, i drive like 120yr old grandma when i was stoned - but the event im talking about i had already lost my buzz after eating out - but technically high) the lights looked normal to me, so when i came to a 4 way stop, i stopped, then kinda gunned it, i didnt exceed the speedlimit nor did i "lay drag" or burn out or squeel tires or anything.  what i had done, was the road accross from me was at about a 35 degree angle to the 3 square other roads.  so i CLIPPED the yellow line crossing the intersection.  i get to the end of the road (not very far) and the road lights lit up the cops light bar.  i look over at my friend who still was high and said "oh shiznit thats a cop behind us."  he starts freaking out.  im not ganna say much more about him untill i need to b/c thats pretty embarrasing (the shape he was in).  so i proceeded to cross the intersection when the light turned green, get half way across, and he lights em up.  i pull into the gas station at the corner and he pulls in behind me.  then back up was called even before i was pulled over b/c a cop pulled infront of me.  he asks for my licence and insurence and i politely greeted him and handed him my particulars, and he explained how i had clipped the yellow line back 2 intersections ago.  then his back up see's my friend shaking like a leaf in fear of the police and proclaims there is a weed stem on his shirt.  ok first of all the friend that was with me, is a freakin priss.  theres no way in the darkest hottest hell he would even let something like a weed stem or anything similar be on his person like that.  so the cop that was behind me originally OPENED MY DOOR FOR ME, which is illegal, tells me to walk and stand infront of the police car.  he then tells the other officer to search my car.  legally in ga all the cop can do is search between the seats, under the seats, or anywhere that is in plain view.  this means he cannot enter the glovebox or arm rest ect.  well he searched my car for 5 streight minutes, tearing through my car like a tornado throwing my service papers and everything else in my car around like a kid's bedroom.  i keep my car clean as possible.  i may not vacspoogee the floorboard b/c thats so high traffic, but the rest of my car remains spotless.  the other cop didnt even stick his head in my car, he just used his maglight to look around.  but the original cop, fat short  was on his knees even, and told the other officer to "look under the door sills."  i mean this cop was acting like a rabid bull for no ****in reason.  and when he threw shiznit around in my car like an asshole i started to get impatient with him and this esceladed his POLICE RAGE.  he ended up telling me to never let him catch me in newnan again (i live in newnan for christ sake) and he left my car a ****ing mess.  right before they let me go, i looked at the nice cop and offered to open my trunk (which is spotless) which he then got the joke that i felt offended and he agreed that the other cop had harrassed me, and i went about my way, but i'll always remember that shiznit, and i know why he pulled me over.  it was the bird.  its like a crown vic, and cops must automaticly assume its either a drug dealers car like a caprice, or im some sort of hot rodder.  i get hard looks from all cops.  and i swear its the freakin car.  i bet your rear tires slipped 1 inch at most of tred and he got you for it.  if i were you, being that you have a witness (your wife) and he has no proof, get a lawyer and have the cop pay the lawyer with a counter suit.  btw, dont do drugs or drink and drive.  its stupid.  it could cost your ride, or your life.

So I need your help...

Reply #19
Yeah, even my parents have encountered a cop making judgements by looking at the car being driven.  This was several years ago and we were all coming home in a 94 Lincoln Mark VIII.  We were behind another car as we came up to a 4 way stop light that is near the house.  The car ahead of us didnt stop until he was already in the middle of the intersection, then drove off.  We did a full stop and got to the house.  Right when we got in the driveway, a cop turned his lights on and proceeded to accuse my parents of not obeying the stop sign, and also thoroughly checked to see that the car wasnt stolen!  After about 45mins to an hour of them standing in our driveway, the cop 'decided to let them go with a warning.'  Good one, genius.

I think you should fight it; you shouldnt be penalized because someone hasnt gotten laid in 8 years.

So I need your help...

Reply #20
paul mentioned insurance which is good advice.

Since you risk loosing your job due to company provided insurance, the last place you want your future hanging in the balance would be public traffic court.  You have no choice but to file for an actual hearing of the next higher level,, whatever thats called.

If you stand to loose your job, you gonna have to take it as far as you can to make sure he provides evidence and then you provide your whitness and evidence as well.  Water and oil dont mix so id doubt there would be any marks on the road to prove you did spin.
I was under the impression that all cops were equal to the jury as well and no matter what you say, the judge will lean on thier professional advice and statements. 

this will be tuff.  perhaps the court will find it more cost effective to drop or dismiss the case than to go through the expense of taking this to the next level.

So I need your help...

Reply #21
I would think they would simply drop the case when you provide a weather report.
One 88

So I need your help...

Reply #22
if u guys get that much shiznit in ur t birds, im gonna be screwed in my 66 lol, id fight it, i mean if u don't, its still gonna have the same repercussions right? so what do u have to lose
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

So I need your help...

Reply #23
Talked with the police cheif today and explaind the issue to him and he is going to pull the officers tape from the night and review it then give me a call so i can come view the tape.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So I need your help...

Reply #24
thats good hope u get off
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

So I need your help...

Reply #25
Quote from: daboss351;125367
thats good hope u get off

Im trying to give them a chance to make things right.

I just mapquested the area

he put the location at the first stop sign that this occured. We stopped at 2 more stop signs (total of 3) with no sign of a officer, and then made a left hand turn and went about a 1/4 mile at 25-30 ish mph  before he showed up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So I need your help...

Reply #26
sounds like bs. its like my mom got a ticket for passing a school bus, when there wasn't one anywere in sight, shes still got court on that one.
my $300 beater ;)

So I need your help...

Reply #27
By any chance that the chief does pull the ticket w/I doubt but if he does just thank him don’t ad your 2cents or how you want to make a complaint just let it drop right there.

So I need your help...

Reply #28
Quote from: Innes;125434
By any chance that the chief does pull the ticket w/I doubt but if he does just thank him don’t ad your 2cents or how you want to make a complaint just let it drop right there.

That was what i had planned.I didnt recieve a call from him as he said he would so i will call again tommorow to see if he has had time to look into this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So I need your help...

Reply #29
took some pics of the intersection tonight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]