Skip to main content
Topic: It's time to work on the Bird... (Read 6060 times) previous topic - next topic

It's time to work on the Bird...

Reply #45
Sweet,once i get the underside done, ill tell you and you can come on vacation.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #46
Keep it up,you're doing great work.I hope to start the bodywork on Pheonix very soon.I got the engine in,now everything else has to be swapped,like the complete interior,maybe the dash unless I can dye it,carpet,console,everything.Your work helps me stay motivated.Thanks.

Vinnie
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #47
Decided for shiznits and giggles id see how far away you are, and your only 455.55 from my town, which is about 8 hours, i figured ud be farther then that
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #48
Hello Vinnie!,

I just posted the bodywork of My car to explain and give to the people of the board the progress of My Bird, I guessed a lot of people like to see a "work in progress" pictures, like Me (I like to see)...

If this give a motivation to You and anothers, I'm glad to read this, It's always funny to see work in progress of a car (for Me)...

And I guess, some on the board hate to do bodywork, but it's easy, But I'm pissed off to do this, I rebuilted a couple of hundreds cars in the past in a customizing garage I worked 10 Years ago, frame jobs, custom jobs, body jobs, ect, ect, But I take some jobs in the summer, I have on the side of My home a Suzuki Swift to rebuilt for an another guy this summer, This $&^% car need completely disassembled and cutted in two parts (frame rotted on the front), I suggested s the car, but the guy looooove his car, and paid for, then I go...

After I finish My '85 Bird, I'll post some pics of the engine rebuild and a little bodywork (very little) on the '86 Bird I purchased at the Junkyard in September, this car is in amazing condition, But after I fix the head gasket issue on his 3.8 V6 to pass the inspection and have a new title, I'll plan to put a decent block in it, like a 351C or maybe a 390 (if the guy still have the engine), But I have in the backyard a 351C from a 1971 Montego MX (I totaled in 1989) with an FMX trans, I guess is enough to make a good "ricer killer":hick:

For the summer I'll run My 85 and when the 86 will be plated for the road, I'll drive time to time until I'll put in My garage to do engine swap, 5 lugs conversion, and paint job for 2008, two birds in My basp00get garage, hewwww!, the garage have 50feet long by only 18feet large, I'll be a bit tight to work, and My 85 will be well covered as well...

This week I'll try to grab a rear trunk spoiler from a Chevy lumina (car) and modify to fit in the bird...

Keep up Your good work, and I hope to see some pics of Your work...

I'll post some pictures this week of the 85 with all non visible painted area, and My TC bumper cover swap if I receive this week...

Have a nice Day,

Dom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

Reply #49
I'll have Fila post pics tomorrow for me.He said he didn't mind at all.Stay tuned for them.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #50
You are great doing bodywork ehhhh !!! nice, very nice ! you have to tell me some secrets about working with iron (i dont know ANYTHING about sanding, painting, bla bla bla). Some stupid guy wrecked the front right fender in my cougar since 2005 and i have the replacement part (used), but simply i dont know how to start, how to sand, etc...

Keep up the good work Dom...
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #51
Quote from: MexCougar;128941
You are great doing bodywork ehhhh !!! nice, very nice ! you have to tell me some secrets about working with iron (i dont know ANYTHING about sanding, painting, bla bla bla). Some stupid guy wrecked the front right fender in my cougar since 2005 and i have the replacement part (used), but simply i dont know how to start, how to sand, etc...

Keep up the good work Dom...

Thanks for the good words Friend,

I'm not the only guy on the board do the bodywork, another guy (I have a blank of his name) still work on that, I'm "retired" drom working in a garage, but still do in My basp00get garage in the summer when My bird (next winter 2 BIRDS) are not here...

When You ready, let Me know, and send Me some pictures of Your fender or repair area, and I'll explain at the best of possible, with pics if needed.

Hmmmmmm! I have an idea, starting a thread with a do it yourself bodywork with some photos, it's not a bad idea, no?, I just have to keep an old hood I have, rotted Fender, and before I part out My '88 bird, I'll repair some rusted areas, and do a couple of bumps on the car, then repair, I just have to tell a Friend to take some pics when I work (hands with tools), this will make a good thread I guess:hick: :D

Okay, let Me know when You need some help, and I'll help You...

Best regards,

Dom.

Reply #52
Quote from: daboss351;128886
Sweet,once i get the underside done, ill tell you and you can come on vacation.

Well, I was kidding when I say "anytime", BUT, IF i have a loose this summer, and some money to travel, I don't say no, it will be funny...

Regards,

Dom.

Reply #53
I know you were, i was too, my dads old friend is prob gonna paint it for me cause he has a garage and means to do it, you should go to cat jam in 08 though ill be there
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #54
Quote from: daboss351;128976
I know you were, i was too, my dads old friend is prob gonna paint it for me cause he has a garage and means to do it, you should go to cat jam in 08 though ill be there

Hello,

Yes, You need a paint shop, or a cleaned garage with a good fan to paint a car, I painted My van outside in June 1997, the temp was around 90`, and very very humid, a lot of things dropped on the paint, dust, ect, but it's a working truck, not a "trip" car...

The neighboors not liked Me, an acrylic smell a lot, and at 90` nobody close his windows, ButMy neighboors YES at this time, Bwhahahahah!.

I don't guess to go at any car encounter in the US this Year, It's only cauz when I speak in English, it sound like a 4cyl engine blowed on a couple of valves, and no exhaust:hick: , And when I hear, I don't understand 70% of what is speaked, I have absolutely no problems when I read, a bit when I write, but hear and speak is another thing...

BUT, until I have 70 years old, I guess I go to...:D

Regards,

Dom.

Reply #55
Some recent pics, near to paint :hick:

Back bumper cover before reassembled, I'll painted with a can to have a blue coat under the parts, and the front with the TC hood finally finished and the right front fender shaved antenna...

Note: on the rear photo, You will see the  place between the back glass and the trunklid will need only to be sanded (on the finishing putty on the pic), I hate this place on the 83-86 birds, prob solved in 87-88...

Regards,

Dom.

Reply #56
I'm sure when the paint go's on, that it will be clean.
Your gettin there!,Lookin good.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #57
Quote from: kitzdnm;132110
I'm sure when the paint go's on, that it will be clean.
Your gettin there!,Lookin good.

Agree with You for sure :hick: , when the bird go out fot the summer, I'll be very clean and strong from A to Z, and I'll keep looking good, unless I have a great engine (3.8 V6) brand new, I'll have a good cruising car...

BUT, I'll have a '86 bird shortly from the junkyard, the car is gold (int and ext) and in EXCELLENT condition, amazing, I don't understand for why this car was dumped in a jy, but it have a head gasket issue, I'll just repair the engine and check all to pass inspection, and after that, I'll put in a good block, like a 351C (not a Fck!n windsor), or 429/460, but I'll guess I'll keep My 351C from a 1971 Montego MX I have in the shed, with his FMX trans, YEAH!...

Good day,

Regards,

Dom.

Reply #58
why not a windsor, but its coming along good!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #59
Quote from: daboss351;132128
why not a windsor, but its coming along good!

Hello! long time no see!!!,

I hate the Windsor 351 block, cauz it's a modified 302, like the M400 it's a modified 351C...

302=351W
351C=M400

The windsor is not a bad engine, but I like more than a REAL block, not a mod block, I'll wait and choose between a 289 ole Ford block (rare), or a 390, or so a 351C I have, buit NEVER 351W or M400, I guess I receive a lot of missive from people here for My opinion on 351W, but I'll still My words.

The 351W was created to accomodate some smaller fords in the pas, don't have enough space engine bay to put a 351C, with same performance (I doubt of it), the 351C is the best 351 ever made By Fors cauz is a block created for 351CI.

The 460 is a real good engine, but the 429 (same block) is deliver much power (depending of the Year), and the 429 deliver more HP than the 460 (same year again), but the 460 have more torque at the same rpm, the 429 is better in a car, the 460 is basically a truck engine, but I owned My first Marquis 1974 with a 460 4bbl, and this car unless his 4500lbs was very very fast.

But I owned a 1971 Marquis I purchased at 12 or 13 years old, this car weight around 5000lbs and the 429 4V inside was a real beast, unless the gas mileage, it was qwicker than My 74 Marquis 460.

For a short long history, I like the REAL ci engines, not a mod engines...

Your stang was have a 289 I guess???, there was a very very goos small block, A friend of Me have a 67 and 289 original inside (the blue one I talked to You), dual exhaust, ect, great car!!!...

Have a Nice Day,

Dom.