Skip to main content
Topic: It's time to work on the Bird... (Read 6061 times) previous topic - next topic

It's time to work on the Bird...

Reply #30
Quote from: daboss351;127947
So you gonna do it black now, like i said you should?

Hello,

I like the blacks cars, Most of My vehicles was black, BUT My bird is medium blue interior, and I'll guess I don't like black and blue, I'll paint dark Blue metallic, same as the paint I do in 2000, Ford code B2 1990...

Well, I shooted My gravel guard and undercoat on the repaired areas, putted a water hose on a trap just beside the left wiper shaft, and opened the water for a good hour, and no water leak:hick: :D ...

I'm not sleeped correctly last night and sleeped only 5 hours, I'm pissed off, and don't work again on the Bird for today, I just reinstalled the front fender, that's all, Tomorrow I'll remove the inner plastic under the right fender to clean and paint/underguard this non visible area, unbolt My front bumper cover, and pull out, when I receive the TC front bumper, I'll just to reinstall and make a brackets (if needed) for the white fogs, the set I have it's from a 86 bird (hella) purchased last year on ebay for around $50 bucks, with a bit of harness with it...

I'll post a pics when the tc bumper will be installed, between this I'll post some pics of the job in the car...

Have a nice Day,

Dom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

Reply #31
I like my bird(it was black and blue) should look good with the blue though. Glad you got the leak fixed, and sorry to hear your in a bad mood. Im in a good mood, i got a raise, now one the days i can work, im gonna be making 10 bucks a hour, in cash. And im signed up for drivers ed.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #32
I was have two cars I painted in black with a different interior color, one was a '74 Meteor with brown interior, Ishhhh!, I dont liked the look, the other was a '74 Marquis with the same interior blue of My bird, and I don't liked enough the look of My Marquis to paint the Bird in black...

If it was red, gray or gold interior, OKAY, but with blue I see this like a color mismatch, so I dont take a chance and paint the bird dark blue met...

Have a nice Day,

Dom.

Reply #33
FINALLY, I choosed the exact paint code for My Bird, and purchased a quart to paint the under trunk, under the hood, and all non visible areas...

Here's a two shots of the paint I shooted fast, non cleaned, just over the grill and behind the front grill...

The paint is a LIMCO II (Basf/RM) acrylic, same as Miracryl of RM 25 Years ago...

Pic#1: Close-up
Pic#2: Larger pic

I choosed the best pictures I taken, and do the REAL color, or very near the reality, it's not evident to take a pic of this...

Have a nice Day,

Dom.

Reply #34
I like it allot, I wanted a blue metallic on my car, until i painted my motorcycle blue metallic i wanted something different
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #35
Quote from: daboss351;128398
I like it allot, I wanted a blue metallic on my car, until i painted my motorcycle blue metallic i wanted something different

This blue is very similar of the blue I used in 2000 when I painted for My mother, it's a bit lighter of the old paint, but the metallic "force" is the same...

A Friend of Me have a 67 stang (very same as Your stang) with a 289 in it, and he painted his stang blue metallic (like My truck, Ford 3B), It's an horror, thrust Me, I don't like...

The old stangs look good with a non metallic paint, and like White, black, Yellow, red, light blue, orange, ect, but with a metallic blue like My bird You will regret for SURE...

Same thing for the BIG cars vs little cars like a firefly, the big cars look great with a "serious" metallic, and the little buzzers look good with a "tonka" colors...

Have a nice Day...

Dom.

Reply #36
yea black is the way to go for me like henry ford said "You can have it in any color, as long as its black."
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #37
Quote from: daboss351;128406
yea black is the way to go for me like henry ford said "You can have it in any color, as long as its black."

Hahahhaahhah!, yes, it's true:hick: , I like the black cars, as stated in one of My older messages, I painted in black most of My Fords, except 2-3, I'll liked My bird in black, but cauz the interior is blue, I'm sure I'll regret, I played safe with the same dark blue metallic, I'm sure I'll like...

If I decided to paint the bird in black, and the mismatch with the int and ext color bug me, I'll repaint immediately, another over $400 bucks for nothing, and changing color is a big job...

When I purchased the bird I have for My mother in 2000, the car was medium blue NON metallic, when I decided to paint with a night blue met, I removed all trims and whatever on the car, this is only to do it was always this color, This week I made the same thing, I removed all trims, and whatever You want, the color is the same, but this refresh the car anyway, and do a better job...

The only thing I hate of the Bird, it's removing the rear upper top panels ONLY to remove the birds emblems on outside:beatyoass: ...

It's probably the last time I remove this f#ckin birds, the car will always garaged in winter, and it's good for around 20years, and in 20years I'm probably passed away:D ...

Regards,

Dom.

Reply #38
yea i understand what you mean, should look awesome, wanna come down here and paint my car? It would be a nice vacation, and ill let you drive it
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #39
Nice color!
It reminds me of a Chrysler/Dodge color I used to paint one of my guitars a few years ago. I think it was called "Medium Intense Blue Pearl."
I still have this guitar, and it's still painted this color.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #40
Quote from: cougarcragar;128778
Nice color!
It reminds me of a Chrysler/Dodge color I used to paint one of my guitars a few years ago. I think it was called "Medium Intense Blue Pearl."
I still have this guitar, and it's still painted this color.

The color of Your guitar is VERY VERY similar of the 1984 Bird My mother have purchased in 1990, The Chryco color You have (on Your gutar) is very similar of the midnight blue metallic of Chrysler in early 70's, expecially on Crysler Imperial...

Finally The color I choosed is not a Ford color, it's from a paint chips on a LIMCO (Basf/RM) catalog, number M4648S...

Best regards,

Dom.

Reply #41
I'll admit everytime I see that this thread has a new post I'm eager to see your latest work!  Good Job!
One 88

Reply #42
Quote from: CougarSE;128789
I'll admit everytime I see that this thread has a new post I'm eager to see your latest work!  Good Job!

Thanks for Your good words, the next week I'll try to finish completely the body job, I missed to patch and finish the antenna hole on the right front fender, and refinishing the part between the back glass and the trunk, The rest of the car is mint (most damaged was the left fender, but it's done now)...

I have a couple of hours of work on the car again, but not very hard, I just want asap the TC bumper cover to install it on the car, and make the brackets for the fogs (not a big thing to do)...

After that I'll sand the car completely with #320 and #400, paint all non visibles areas, like under the hood, under the trunk, behind the tail lenses, under doors, ect, ect...

But I'll wait for the complete paint cauz My basp00get garage is only heated a bit by the furnace, and a 4800watts 220v heater, and don't want to heat up at 75`, and once the paint blower on the wall run It drop the temp to 60`, and it's very too cold to paint at 60`, MINIMUM is 68`, best is around 72`, when I painted a couple of parts to check the paint, I shooted on a old front fender, it was around 62-64` in the garage, and the paint started to fall, and I don't want the paint start to do it on the car when I paint:beatyoass: ...

I'll wait when the coldest outside temp will be a bit cool, like 30` plus...

Have a nice Day,

Dom.

Reply #43
so like i said you want to do my car?
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #44
Quote from: daboss351;128802
so like i said you want to do my car?

Anytime:hick:

Dom.