Skip to main content
Topic: Parts car possibility (Read 2707 times) previous topic - next topic

Parts car possibility

I was curious if an 88-89ish lincoln mark 7 would make a good parts car  i was wanting 5 lug brakes and 8.8 rear and the HO 302 etc.. would the parts off this car work for my 84 cougar? and iirc the mark 7's (this is the lsc if that makes a difference) has the disc brakes on the rear?well im really curious to hear what yall think. im gonna go see if it runs good if at all.. lol well talk with yall later

Re: Parts car possibility

Reply #1
Yeah, pretty much.  You could even scavange some of the interior stuff out of it depending on how "plush" you'd like to get.  I know a couple guys have install the overhead console in their Cougars. 
The backspacing on the wheels are weird though, and Mk7s always look like they have this bow-legged stance on them with the stock wheels/tires.  SN-95 Mustang wheels fit (front dust caps will cause a problem with some center caps).  You will also be widening your rear track by about 1" overall as the Mk7 axles are 1/2" longer per side over the TBird/Cougar ones.  Also, to use the 5-lug 11" brakes on the front, you will need some 87-93 Mustang or 87-88TC spindles instead of the Lincoln ones.  the Lincoln ball joints are larger than the ones in your control arms, so the spindles will not fit your arms.  You can't swap arms as the Lincoln uses the air suspension, and the arms will not work with conventional springs.

Anyway, yes it would make a good parts car, but you might need a few extra things to make some of the stuff work for you.  Depending on the shape of the Mk7, you may also have some parts to sell to make back a little of your money.  Esp if the air suspension is in working order.  I'd ebay that.....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #3
well thanks yall so far the bags i think are shot(i dont really care bout em lol dont want em) and it has some body damage and interior is  iirc so i mainly want drivetrain :-D well thanks for your help now to check in on  that car :-D.  take care

Reply #4
Let me know if you decide to get it or not, I might get some stuff off of it to defray some of your cost, or if you don't get it, I might take it if it's not too far away

Reply #5
well the cars are in southern oregon... but im gonna check on them today. so lets see wat i can do :-D

Reply #6
I bought a Lincoln Mark VII LSC a couple of weks ago for parts.Mainly the drivetrain,which I plan to install in my '88 T-Bird as soon as I get the parts,seals and gaskets I want to get the LSC engine in shape for the swap.I'm looking for a GT-40 intake from a Ford Explorer,and a few misc. parts.The Licoln has tons of parts that will swap right over.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #7
vinnie if your lookin for an explorer intake there is a site called stangnet.com.
in the trader section under air induction there are 2 guys selling explorer uppers for 75-90 dollars+shipping.
This is the cheapest i've seen,as on ebay they go for about 125 for the upper and the then another 125 for the lower.
Check it out you'll be amazed at all the parts for sale there.

Reply #8
Oregon is extrememly too far away, let me know if you want to sell any off the other parts vinnie, only thing I can think of that I need is the fog lamps/brackets, cupholder and mirror switch if they are in perfect condition. I would like to have extra seats no matter what condition, but they would be too expensive to ship.

Reply #9
Oh and the speedo cluster if it's a '90-'92