Skip to main content
Topic: Reasonable price for TC rear end? (Read 1418 times) previous topic - next topic

Reasonable price for TC rear end?

I am hoping to go to the Junkyard sometime soon to get the rear end out of the TC i found and i was wondering what a reasonable price would be for the rear? I am hoping to pay no more than 200 though obviously the less expensive the better. It is out of an Auto car. What do you think is a reasonable price?

Thanks

Reply #1
Where I'm at pull it your self is 75.00,You should get for 200.00 or less.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2
I just paid $300 for an 8.8 from an '88 XR7 with 10" drums and fresh 4.10 gears & rebuilt T-Lok.  I don't think I paid too much.  But that's me.  After a $50 disaster of a rear, I was willing to pay more for the security.

Reply #3
mustang guys are usually willing to pay upwards of 250 300 dollars for a tc rear.
One 88

Reply #4
I've regularly seen 'em advertised locally for upwards of $600. That's why I waited until I got a parts car before doing the swap. IF you fluke into a junkyard that's actually got a TC and don't know what they have you can luck out, but if you get a junk yard that says, to quote Claude, "mustang guys are usually willing to pay upwards of 250 300 dollars for a tc rear.", you'll pay big for it yourself
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #5
Well its a pretty small junkyard and they usually have pretty good prices so im gonna go out this week sometime and see what they want for it and see if they will let me pull it. I have and associate degree in automotive technology so if i have to rebuild the rear then i will so im not worried about that. I dont think any mustang guys around here know anything about TC's even existing to i am pretty sure i dont have any competition from them, and besides the car has been there for a while based on the way it looks. If it doesnt snow this week i will probably head out there on Tues. I did have a different junkyard that wanted $300 for a 6.7" rear end out of a 1980 Toyota Celica cause they are used in legend race cars, but this junkyard only wanted $75 for the same rear end so i guess i will find out.  Thanks

Reply #6
Yeah i sold one out of a parts car i had,disk brakes and all for $300
So one cheaper than that complete is a good deal.
1987 T-bird SportCoupe,302,5spd,8.8,3.27s,pbr brakes,spindles,2003 rear,18inch 06 gt rims!!!!:evilgrin:
2006 Gt Mustang,3v,5spd,8.8,3.55s,GT500rims.
1990 T-bird LX,3.8,aod,loaded,stock!!
1999 Trailblazer(wifes rig)

Reply #7
Our junkyard here, wants $400 for the one they have, it is in a manual car and 87
:birdsmily: Nate Wenck
Carroll IA
nwenck@msn.com
07 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
2003 Ford F-150 Supercrew

Reply #8
Let us know what you ended up getting it for. That'll will be a nice score if you get it... especailly if the junkyard is clueless about what they've got!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)