Skip to main content
Topic: need body parts (Read 859 times) previous topic - next topic

need body parts

i need the quter panle and bumper for a 1988 thunderbird?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

need body parts

Reply #1
The best way is to try at the Junkyard, if he have a good one(s), otherwyse I guess You don't found any third party quarter for a fox body, due to lack of demand for these quarters...

If You want a lower quarter body panel is easily makeable with a hammer and a sheet of metal, and if Your quarter is destroyed over the wheel, and You don't found the right one, try the reverse panel cutted as You need, or a front fender over wheel part and weld on...

Personally I made a miracle with a bit of measurements, observation, and work...

Good chance!...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

need body parts

Reply #2
It might be helpful to tell folks where you're located......

and also, there's a forum for this....and this isn't it.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

need body parts

Reply #3
Why isn't this the forum for it?? This is the "Body" forum. Was this post in another forum prior to here? If so, sorry for the questions.

Those parts should be available at pretty much any wrecking yard that has older cars. The one close to me had quiet a few 87'-88' T-Birds with decent rear bumpers and quarters. Let me know where your located at and I'll get a price on those parts for you.

John
1BadBird

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

need body parts

Reply #4
The proper forum is the "WANTED" forum. This one (body/appearance) is for discussing body and appearance upgrades, mods, etc, not for buying and selling. I'll move it to the correct forum
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

need body parts

Reply #5
I have a rear bumper cover from a 88 TC. Shipping might be a little expensive depending on where you are located
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

need body parts

Reply #6
im in michigan if u can find anythang
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10

need body parts

Reply #7
Sent you an email with links to some pictures. didn't see that you had your location posted. I tried to send you a pm and it wouldn't accept
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

need body parts

Reply #8
so how much do u want for it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

need body parts

Reply #9
hellsing, I've got a rear bumper cover off of an 87/88 TC for $25. I may be in Detroit next month, so if you could meet up with me there, there wouldn't be any shipping charges.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

need body parts

Reply #10
-what side 1/4 panel??  i have a N.O.S. one for the RH side still in the box....$725.00 plus the cost of shipping......
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool: