Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 cougar xr7 4 sale mint condition 56k miles in michigan (Read 2528 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 cougar xr7 4 sale mint condition 56k miles in michigan

Reply #15
Quote from: jcassity;122210
I dont think anyone will ever find one better than this. Lets be honest.  id consider it for 3500 cash. 

I'd consider $3200 if it had grey leather, moonroof, equalizer, power antenna, auto headlamps.

I don't see that it has many options.

??????

Reply #16
boy from 2 grand to maybe 3200 if had leather,boy you sure changed your tune real quick? im not here to get verbally assaulted by everyone who dont like my car, if your interested in buying the car BRING YOUR CASH, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH CASH, like i said money talk and bs walks.

Reply #17
i did not abuse you verbally,, i did however complement your car with words i have not used on anyones car on this board EVER. 
ill say it again,, I dont think anyone will ever find one better than this. 

If i remember correctly, and my memory is sharp as a tac, i believe i came close to the same complement with 87thunderbirdblackjack,,, his was about as virgin as what you have.

Reply #18
Quote from: tbirdkid1987;122427
if your interested and have money not food stamps

That comment right there is what going to keep you from selling cars. Yes its a nice car but if you were any kind of sales man you would have listed the car stated what was wrong with it, what it did have for option and what you knew about it.

Now that you have started talk harsh about people you will have a hard time selling this car on here.

Reply #19
i dont think he will have a hard time selling it.  its an awsome car,, no matter what that carfax stuff says.  Its still perfect.

the comments were for mr xjeffs

Reply #20
this guy was one of a few persons interested in my car at the time it was on ebay when i was selling it, asked me like a ton of questions, but had no money to show for his efforts, yes there nothing wrong with it, i do all my own work i just replaced the ovious due to it sitting for a long period of time, tires, new brake shoes turned the rotors, this car has also be repainted by the previous owner, due to someone putting brake fluid all over the car at the time,this car drive any where any time and any distance, i took it out a couple of times last week i have 3 cars of my own and i just take this one to the shows and drive up to the store here and there, im sorry to come off as a smart ass but i had myshare of internet no money jerk offs waste my time. If your interested my email is posted.

Reply #21
did you ever figure out what was up with the pic that had the tac at 300 rpm?

Reply #22
this guy was one of a few persons interested in my car at the time it was on ebay when i was selling it, asked me like a ton of questions, but had no money to show for his efforts,

Why should he show you money if he's not happy with the responses to your questions?  You guys were quite a way apart on the price anyway.  The one owner thing would bother me too.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

another reply

Reply #23
like i said earlier one family owned, like i said in storage for many years, if some of the story worries you id say dont buy it then,its not like i have to beg someone to buy it and your not going to get 100% of the true story anyway from day one, like cars like this grow on trees everyday, go down to some of those classic car places and see what your'd pay? probably 7 to 8 grand,after the bend over with financing and the other thing about the tach there nothing wrong with it i just may have taken the pics just when i was shutting it off real quick, im pretty much blut, i seen whats for sale here and its not even close to what i have, you pay a grand of so for a fixer up car and when your done you have about what i have for sale with a ton of more mileage on top of it. what would you rather have?

Reply #24
if some of the story worries you id say dont buy it then

Don't worry, I won't;)

Quote from: xjeffs
When I talked to you you said you had no idea what the history was on the car

Quote from: tbirdkid1987
Well the truth is i know alot of things and the 2 thounsand and some change you are offering just wouldnt cut it

Why not just be truthful from the beginning?  If you know a lot about it wouldn't that maybe help a potential buyer reconsider his offer in your favor?

Also,  why do you not take paypal?  It specifically states in at least one of your other auctions "NO PAYPAL" and the others all say cash or money order only.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #25
This just sent up a red flag.

Feed back

Reply #26
Quote from: Paul Flockhart;122558
Don't worry, I won't;)
Also,  why do you not take paypal?  It specifically states in at least one of your other auctions "NO PAYPAL" and the others all say cash or money order only.

He probably has e-commerce technology phobia like me. I dont really trust it,, more like i dont trust who can see my critical personnal information being maintained by an outsourced one world economy.

i usually dont like pm or im or e-whatever to communicate.  If your afraid to pick up a phone and talk , you must like hiding behind the keyboard.  Im old fashoned like that but i think you can get to the bottom of things just by pickup the phone. I guess calling people now a days is becoming out of style.

An example is like here when someone pm's me about a problem.  I get to type back and forth on IM or PM for a while until suddenly the e-converstation starts to look like scrambled eggs cause you try to talk about a couple different things.  I usually just pass my phone number and say ,, call me.  Well,,, 9 times out of 10 i get no call,, its like most people are chicken to pick up the phone.  Perhaps they feel they can type thier mind better than speak it.  I guess some people can feel more power by not calling,, they can just tell you off in email/im , click send, then slam you on their ignore list.

Anyhooo,,,, you all should have talked,, it would have been better in the long run.

I cant see how someones attitude will prevent someone from selling something even if he did make a foodstamp comment.  Yeah the comment was a low blow but are you gonna stop shopping at wal-mart cause they have a bad attitude,lol, i dont think so.  What your really trying to say is ...
I dont wanna hear your voice
im afraid to call because you might transmit a disease across the phone line
i feel in control when i stick to the computer
ill have the last word if i wanna
i want you to be nice to me on my terms
i want whatever you have as cheap as i can get it even if it means i undercut my buddy,

this thread is getting stupid,, he's got a good thing for sale, you can determine if it has issues, the price is not right depending on your view, if you think the car is stolen like the other one was "claimed", well it has a valid DMV title # so its not on you as the buyer to worry bout that, sue DMV. f'k his attitued, it aint his attitued for sale.  he probably would not like mine if he made the unfortunate move of g me off.

sorry guys, py mood.  Nevertheless, i mean what i say and i say what i mean.:grinno:

Reply #27
I cant see how someones attitude will prevent someone from selling something even if he did make a foodstamp comment. Yeah the comment was a low blow but are you gonna stop shopping at wal-mart cause they have a bad attitude,lol, i dont think so

Actually, yes.  Both myself AND the wife refuse to shop at Wal-mart.

like j. cassity said, this thread is going no where

Reply #28
ive done many transactions on ebay and else where,that feedback was from about 3 years ago, where the guy tried to rip me off with feedback extortion, so it goes to show anyone can rip you off at any time if you dont watch yourself, he did get his truck and his title, i was new to ebay and didnt know the ins and outs of what some people  can do and what people cant do, but i have well over 200 positive feedbacks and a few negitive ones from people who leave revenge feedback for stuff they never paid me for. but thats the price of doing business, and thats what happens on ebay, ive bought and sold and have been burned both ways, besides about 30 transactions no one left feedback.  Since this thread seems to be one sided againest me why doesnt slamedcat put the rest of the feedback thats positive up there too?  Like i said a one way converstion, and this is going no where, i just came to try to sell my car and i get all this  from 2 internet idiots that choose to slam me.  Since its quit ovious that your not interested in doing nothing but slam my car and prevent anyone interested in buying something nice.  But hey this is the internet lots of talkers and no buyers, p.s i do quite well buying and selling on ebay bought 3 things and sold 18 this month alone, so  others on ebay dont share your opinion.

Reply #29
You ARE still having some trouble selling this car.  You listed it over on Corral.net on Nov. 14, 2006 with 55K instead of 56K (we'll assume you've driven it some) for $5500.  No bites on the line there..........

POST 1:  by tbird kid
1988 mercury xr7 v8, automatic most power option, clean as the day is long new paint, well maintained, all original, cold air, $5500 or trade for a same mustang of blue book value, may want a convertable, looking 95 or newer, i leaving pics here or at pchickenleg@aol.com replies

POST 2: by tbirdkid
pics

POST 3: by tbirdkid
Another pic

POST 4: by tbirdkid
may trade also for a gmc jimmy 1999 or newer must have 4x4 and decient miles, or trade for a 302 mountaineer 4x4 or smae blue book value

All posts on 11/14/2006

Quote from: tbirdkid1987
Like i said a one way converstion, and this is going no where, i just came to try to sell my car and i get all this  from 2 internet idiots that choose to slam me.

Then why try wasting your breath (energy typing?)  Just leave then.....Why try to defend yourself if it's so one sided?  I don't get why you won't drop it if you feel it's pointless.