Skip to main content
Topic: 1983 Cougar LS (Read 1370 times) previous topic - next topic

1983 Cougar LS

No this isn't a joke.  I'm moving on from this car.  I have higher priorities and with the purchase of the TC I don't want to keep this car around.

77k miles, I'm currently driving it everyday.  Up until the alternator failure (and it now has a 3G!) it has been uneventful.  I recently changed the transmission fluid and it was clean as could be with no particles in the pan.  Transmission shifts great.  I also recently changed the power brake booster.  Basically the only issue with this car... the cruise control ishiznit or miss, sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't. 

Options
WORKING!! A/C!!
LS with fancy velvety interior.
power mirrors and windows
Dual manual seats
Digital dash
Original digital cassette player that works excellent, listen to it every day.
I believe it was equipped with the TRX package, it had incorrect ten hole wheels on it when I purchased it and it has a lower stance and a beefy tc sized rear sway bar.  The car does not look lowered or have a stupid look to it.  But after taking side by side pictures with cougarcragers xr7 I realized it was lower.

The ride is very nice.  No bouncing or shaking, struts feel firm.

The body and paint are not 100%.  The driver door has some bondo in it and is rusting on the bottom,  I've taken care of a large part of the rust but I haven't taken care of all of it. The underside of this car is absolutely perfect, one of the most solid cars I've ever owned.

The interior is very nice.  There is some fading on the seat fabric, but there are no rips, tears, stains or cracks in the dash.  Everyone who gets inside it comments on its good condition.

To give you an idea of how much I trust this car, recently I drove from Ohio to Mississippi and back in 3 days.  JeremyB can confirm this as I met up with him.  The trip was uneventful, drove down and back and got 23mpg.  Not the best but good for eec-III.

This doesn't mean I'm leaving the scene.  I've still got two cars. 

I'm taking offers on it at the moment.
One 88

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #1
!!! I wish that check would roll in right about now!

I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #2
Wait... you bought a TC?
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #4
CougarSE,
Where do you live?  I probably should know, but I don't.  I should also know what the car looks like, but I don't know that either.  What color paint/interior?  I assume it is the 5.0 in your sig.  So has the rusty door been stripped and primed?  Thanks for your reply.

Fordman3

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #5
I'm in Logan Ohio.. southeast ohio basically.. zip is 45622

I used a wire wheel on the rust and sprayed some etching primer on it to slow it down.  then some paint to make it match.. too bad 83 oxford white is different than later years.. so it doesn't match perfect.

i have more pictures but here are some to start with.

One 88

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #6
 if you were closer................

How much are you looking to get for it?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #7
Is your car still for sale?  PM me asap.  I just sold my driver and I need a car.  PM me.

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #8
you still selling claude?

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #9
pics of TC

start you a tread in the rides
1986 Cougar LS

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #10
Someone wave $600 under my nose and take this thing home. If not I'll have it painted, 11" brakes and a bunch of other goodies.

Currently has 83k miles on it.
One 88

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #11
Yo, Claude buddy...tell folks where it is...
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #12
;) .
Quote from: CougarSE;117580
I'm in Logan Ohio.. southeast ohio basically.. zip is 45622

I used a wire wheel on the rust and sprayed some etching primer on it to slow it down. then some paint to make it match.. too bad 83 oxford white is different than later years.. so it doesn't match perfect.

i have more pictures but here are some to start with.

One 88

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #13
Oops, it was early and didn't see this was a second page.. :dunce:
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

1983 Cougar LS

Reply #14
5.0 or 3.8?  Hmmm carbed sleeper project........
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!