Skip to main content
Topic: Unlocking a door without a key(junkyard car) (Read 8396 times) previous topic - next topic

Unlocking a door without a key(junkyard car)

I was at the jy getting the front fenders off the TC that i got my bumper cover off of and i found another t-bird. Its it pretty good shape looks like it was pretty well taken care of and it is complete(i think it was for sale somewhere considering there was a for sale sign next to it). Well the problem is the doors are all locked and the hood isnt popped either. Well I thought i had read a thread about opening a locked bird here before but i searched and couldnt find the thread.

SO what is the easiest/quickest way of getting the doors unlocked w/o the keys(no keyless entry either) i dont really want to break a window though i suppose i could if i have to. I would like to look at the interior and maybe take a couple other thing off of the car but i cant get anything without being able to open the doors/hood/trunk.

Thanks,
Andrew

Reply #1
you could get a slim jim or get a wire clothes hanger. both work i know from experience lol

Reply #2
what year of bird is it?  on my friends 85 we had to pop the quarter window out and I went through to open the door.  I dont know how easy it would be on an 87-88 bird.

Reply #3
Its an 87/88. Not sure exactly

Reply #4
Its at the autowrecker? look in car trunks, any make will do, you need something like a tire iron, or even a big rock.

You get the idea.

Did you try asking at the front desk to see if they have a key for it? or is it locked in the car?

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #5
I didnt see the keys inside but most of the other cars they put the keys in the doors or one of the other locks. The TC had the keys in the trunk the other t-bird that was there had the key for the ignition on the seat. I might ask at the desk but they are a pretty small operation so i dont know. im thinking i will just go for one of the windows and try to break it out.

Reply #6
long (12" or longer) skinny  screwdriver through the rear slot for the door handle unlocks the door super simple.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #7
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;116393
long (*********) skinny !@#$%&*?! through the rear slot for the door handle unlocks the door super simple.

you beat me to it

i just typed a whole story on how it is done and how easy it is to do. and that when i show people how easy it is i see how their jaw drops when i was finished. then i realised  maybe we should'nt post how it's done. and maybe P/M them anybody can read this not just us ;)

i tryed doing a search and could'nt find an answer. which is good but you never know

it will only take one right key word and BAM! someone's reading this thread.. and someone's car is missing.. y'a i know people don't steal these cars when theirs money and greed anything can happen..

oh and don't forget the punk joyride..

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #8
Is the object that i am trying to move with the screwdriver visible from the outside or do i just go at it blindly and hope i eventually hit what i am aiming for.

then i realised maybe we should'nt post how it's done. and maybe P/M them anybody can read this not just us

If you could P/M me with the info i would appreciate it, you dont have to though. I think i will go try it on my car later see if i can get a feel for how its done. I dont want to break anything on the car(even though its at a JY) cause you never know when you might need something off of it.

Thanks

Reply #9
You may be able to open the hood without getting into the car.
I've read that you can find the release cable in the drivers' wheel well and pull like hell on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
pull the grille out and pull on the cord.

Reply #11
Pulling the grille out would ruin it for someone else.  Do what you want, but when I go for a dive in the local yards, I try to preserve what I can for the guy that needs something behind me.
Matt :tg:

Reply #12
Quote from: slowfoxbird;116683
Pulling the grille out would ruin it for someone else

ummmm could you please explain how???
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #13
Quote from: 88sportcoupe;116444
Is the object that i am trying to move with the screwdriver visible from the outside or do i just go at it blindly and hope i eventually hit what i am aiming for.

Thanks

go blindly you will know when you get it right ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #14
Quote from: slowfoxbird;116683
Pulling the grille out would ruin it for someone else.  Do what you want, but when I go for a dive in the local yards, I try to preserve what I can for the guy that needs something behind me.

right?! cause you need the keys to pull the grille.  theif proof grilles from Ford.

did you quote the wrong post? dear god i hope so

better yet we'll all act like you didnt say that
1986 Cougar LS