Skip to main content
Topic: 2.3L Turbo Coupe Engine (Read 5276 times) previous topic - next topic

2.3L Turbo Coupe Engine

Reply #15
its guaranteed running in tip top shape. no leaks, mint condition

2.3L Turbo Coupe Engine

Reply #16
You can find a "tip top" running  (not looking) TC for less than $600 if you look for it. 

go to turboford, read and you [COLOR="LemonChiffon"]might[/COLOR] have a chance of getting this done.

Or you could sell your car and buy a TC, which is a better car anyways.

2.3L Turbo Coupe Engine

Reply #17
I bought my current engine for $200 complete with harness. It didn't have a turbo. But still. I also bought a 85 cougar xr7 for $100 motor was toast. So if you want pay the $600 bones for the motor but also see if you can get the harness and the computer.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

2.3L Turbo Coupe Engine

Reply #18
or, you could do the smart thing and just swap right over to the 302 ;)...  Think about it this way...  Your gonna hafta gut everything anyway so hers what you gotta know:

1. Will the 4banger even bolt upto the tranny?
2. Would it be easier to just buy a TC?
3. Are you ready for an electrical wiring nightmare?
4. Would it be easier to just buy a TC?!?!?

They've got better suspensions then stock t-birds!  They've got the bigger rear-ends with 4 wheel disc brakes as opposed to the 2 drums on the 7'5!

So wouldnt it be more logical to just buy a turbocoupe with a decent engine and rebuild it from there?

2.3L Turbo Coupe Engine

Reply #19
$600 is a bit much, but then again you are in the South. TCs are pretty hard to come by down there. Sounds like you need to take a road trip and c00ch up a TC to drive or at least for parts. It's been said time and time again, the little things will nickel and dime you to death.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver