Skip to main content
Topic: Should I pick this up? (Read 2096 times) previous topic - next topic

Should I pick this up?

Yeah I know it's a piece 'o' shiznit but it's near me and cheap. The interior looks really clean and it could be dyed gray:grinno: . Basically I'm thinking of it as a parts car. Not that there's anything really wrong with mine it's just who dosen't like to have spare parts :hick:? The bumper looks good and so does the molding. I could yank the interior, trim, engine and trans, wheels (I like the 8 holes :raspberry ), and send the rest to the crusher. So what do ya guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-FORD-THUNDERBIRD-LX-5-0-NR_W0QQitemZ140051426543QQihZ004QQcategoryZ6240QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Should I pick this up?

Reply #1
If you do buy it..can I buy the fuel lines from ya? LOL

Looks to be a decent car, wish i could find one within a couple hundred miles of me, for that price..I'd be all over it.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Should I pick this up?

Reply #2
I was looking at the first pik thinkin 'now why the hell would you part that out' then I saw the rocker pic...

I say for $500 or under its a good deal for spare parts, more if theres anything there you 'need'

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Should I pick this up?

Reply #3
I might wait till Wednesday and see if the price goes up or not. If it dosen't I might try to contact the guy and see how much he'll let it go for........
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Should I pick this up?

Reply #4
Is that a power-recline I see?

Should I pick this up?

Reply #5
Yep. Both my seats have that:cool: . That's only the 2nd car I've seen that on (besides mine).

Should I pick this up?

Reply #6
Quote from: thunderjet302;113434
Yep. Both my seats have that:cool: . That's only the 2nd car I've seen that on (besides mine).

Thats cool.  I just assumed that power seats=power recline as well.  My cat has the power recline.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Should I pick this up?

Reply #7
I've seen (in person) ONE other car with power recline and I think it was Crystal's old sport.  Anyone seen her lately?

Should I pick this up?

Reply #8
My 20th has power recline , unless you guys are just talking about the birds.

Should I pick this up?

Reply #9
My LS has power recline too.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Should I pick this up?

Reply #10
Why not just fix it?

Everyone is so quick to junk cars.
It's Gumby's fault.

Should I pick this up?

Reply #11
I think that is a good deal. Though the rust would be really a pain to fix. Either way not bad.

Daniel
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Should I pick this up?

Reply #12
I'd fix it

Should I pick this up?

Reply #13
Grab it!!! If you're parting it out,there are people here wanting the floor shifter.Those are getting VERY hard to find.The seats could bring some money.I have no doubt that you could easily get your money back.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Should I pick this up?

Reply #14
double post,darn computer !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..