Skip to main content
Topic: what was the first year of the turbocoupe? (Read 2624 times) previous topic - next topic

what was the first year of the turbocoupe?

a guy I met yesterday is going to gie me a white 85 tc, less the motor and trans, what was the first year thee things where made? if its a year one I may restore it. I'd like to have the first and last turbocoupes, to me that's cool.

Reply #2
1985 was the first year they made the 85TC's ;)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #3
Quote from: Chuck W;113054
1985 was the first year they made the 85TC's ;)

Ironically it was also the last year too ;)

Reply #4
so what you are saying is the first 85 tc was made in 83, or you could say the first 83 tc was still the first tc in 85 so that make 85 a special year for that car becouse the people still knew the 83 was a tc so obviously I need to tell my wife it would be a big mastake to not get this car, and I have to have it;)

Reply #5
Well if you wanna justify this as a first something... its the first TC to have the same style dash as the last TC ;) if that's good enough for you.. i say get it.

Reply #7
'83-86 TC's are rare, pick that one up.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #8
"rare" the word I was looking for. ok here's alittle more about the car, it is a white tc with grey clothh intior. unforttunetly its an auto:( they guy is going to pul the drivetrain to put it in a nash. he will give me what ever is left. i t has a cleen title and is suposedly aa strait cleen body. now what I'm thinking is taking the 87tc that is sitting infront of my house taking up space and sacragicing it to the car gods to bring the 85 back to life. ill take all the good parts off the 87(moter, trans, computer, vam, rear end, wheels, and whatever other options the 85 doesn't have) and use them on the 85. the 87 does not have a title, so its not as hard for me to do this. also I've realy been wanting a 4eye bird:)

Reply #9
See there you go, tell your wife its a move to get the 87 TC out of the yard.
It's either buy the 85 and use the 87s parts on it or store the 87s parts in the house:beatyoass:

Reply #10
If your wife gets pissy about having a junk car around, I'll take it off your hands for $100.  My non-TC car needs some parts, and it just so happens to be a white / grey cloth car already.  Whaddya know?  ;)  Seriously, let me know.  I've got space for it here...
1984 Thunderbird V8

Reply #11
Quote from: 46Tbird;113234
If your wife gets pissy about having a junk car around, I'll take it off your hands for $100.  My non-TC car needs some parts, and it just so happens to be a white / grey cloth car already.  Whaddya know?  ;)  Seriously, let me know.  I've got space for it here...

I may be getting rid of the 87 soon ill let you know. oh and I won't be buying the 85 ill b traiding it for a 2.3l bare block. I have about 4 of those in my storage unit:)

Reply #12
LOL.. I don't want a car with no title.  :D  Those are HARD to get rid of.  :)
1984 Thunderbird V8

Reply #13
Well that depends...with s prices where they are now, a lot of people will take it off your hands for free. There's some places here that even buy junk cars and haul them away for you.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #14
I am going to try and keep all 3 birds, I've been wanting to start a collection, so why not collect turbocopes?