Skip to main content
Topic: Cougar 40th Anniv @ Carlisle (Read 20706 times) previous topic - next topic

Cougar 40th Anniv @ Carlisle

Reply #60
well, my car is still a work in progress...hoping it's ready in time...and still not sure about my work schedule....i hope i can make it!

Reply #61
Anybody want to watch my kids for me?

I'd love to go but I do everything last minute - I don't suppose I could get in this late huh?
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #62
Yes you could :D
You can register the day of the event. Whichever day you show up...

Thinking about coming down? It'd be cool to see your car.

Hmmm, I have 2 days to get my car in line. Almost there...

Reply #63
Uggh, I do have a couple of odd & ends that will likely cause me some heartache before I could allow it to be seen. Anybody know how to get paint overspray off of rubber without destroying it?

Reply #64
Try Simple Green...if that doesn't work, a clay bar should do it...if that still doesn't work, a good body compound (such as 3M Finesse-It II) will rub out overspray. Lacquer thinner definitely is the last resort. It can ruin surfaces, though, so test it first.

Reply #65
Quote from: EricCoolCats;150555
Try Simple Green...if that doesn't work, a clay bar should do it...if that still doesn't work, a good body compound (such as 3M Finesse-It II) will rub out overspray. Lacquer thinner definitely is the last resort. It can ruin surfaces, though, so test it first.

Thanks, the rubber is off the car, but I've tried several nasty thinners and the ed paint is stuck to that rubber like white on rice! I may not have tried lacquer thinner - I'm not sure.

So, should I go to the show Eric? :D

Reply #66
Rubber as in tires, or something else?

If you can make it...this is going to be a very special show, with the Cougar as the top marque this year. It only happens once every 10 years. So...there are the facts. ;)

Reply #67
Quote from: kitzdnm;146555
I"ll be goin 78W to 81s with a few cars,If anyone whants to ride together let me know?

Out of Long Island, NY, I will be running 80 to 287 to 78 to 81, right on by Bethlehem.  I will be going the same way back so I can stop by that fireworks place on 78 in PA.
-John Fordham

1993 Cougar XR7 302 HO AOD
245,000 miles and still running strong

2005 F-150 FX4 SuperCab 5.4L

Reply #68
Quote from: EricCoolCats;150558
Rubber as in tires, or something else?

If you can make it...this is going to be a very special show, with the Cougar as the top marque this year. It only happens once every 10 years. So...there are the facts. ;)

Nah, moron me and moron painter didn't remove the rubber bumpers around the hood when it was painted. It's baked on goodness :flame: :(

Yeah, I was looking for a little push to get me going - I'm kinda excited to go, but I'll have to ask mom to watch the kids :D

Reply #69
Oh...those little things...no big deal. Lacquer thinner works great, won't ruin the rubber. Now if you've got basecoat AND clearcoat on the rubber, well, that's a biatch to remove...I usually crack the paint and hope it flakes off LOL. If it doesn't, well, it's much easier to "borrow" those bumpers from another car if you have the means. ;)

Reply #70
Just don't let that keep you from coming to Carlisle ;)
I won't be quite near show worthy but it'll be there. I wish some overspray summed up my problems :o

Reply #71
Quote from: EricCoolCats;150583
Oh...those little things...no big deal. Lacquer thinner works great, won't ruin the rubber. Now if you've got basecoat AND clearcoat on the rubber, well, that's a biatch to remove...I usually crack the paint and hope it flakes off LOL. If it doesn't, well, it's much easier to "borrow" those bumpers from another car if you have the means. ;)

Heh -  - that's why the stuff won't come off :punchballs:

It's the whole baked on base and clearcoat. I wonder if I can find another Bird or Cougar in the yards here any more :( They went from feast to famine around here - hardly a Fox body to be found anymore...

Reply #72
for you guy's going from here I'll see ya down there. My car is driveable but still have a minor fuel issue that I have been trying for a month now to fix.

Reply #73
My Cougar won't be going this year as the Mustang will be going solo once again.  I've had an issue with the water pump gasket leaking for quite some time now.  I had patched it and it stopped, but the other day it gave way and the slow trickle is back a little bit worse than it was before.  I don't want to chance the 180 mile drive as I won't be able to get to it before Carlisle.  It really sucks having to pull all the bracketry and pump off for a minor tear in the gasket.  PITA!!!!!

My wife, the Mustang and I will see you all down there!  Hopefully it won't be another Ford Rain Weekend!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #74
 I wish I could go and meet you guys, but we are saving for a vacation to VA in June and i gotta take my son to Grave Diggers Dungeon while we are down there so i want to make sure we have enough money for that trip. I dont know if we can make the 220 mile 4 1/2 hour drive. My wife is off from work on Sat. though. I hope i can make it to CJ this year but I dont know if we can and if we did the T-bird wouldn't be going.