Skip to main content
Topic: Cougar 40th Anniv @ Carlisle (Read 19770 times) previous topic - next topic

Cougar 40th Anniv @ Carlisle

Reply #15
My major issue will be that since I have detailed everything under the car that I won’t want to drive it to PA and get caught in the rain but oh well, I don’t intend it to be a trailer queen so I will just have a cleaning job to do when I get back home.

I hear ya...that's why I don't pre-register at Carlisle, even though I know I should. It's only a 4 hour drive for me...but since the top leaks, and all the windows leak, let's just say driving in the rain in the convertible isn't very bloody fun. When I have to wear a rain poncho inside the car, it's times like that when I start thinking about buying a trailer. LOL

I have a lot of Cougar work to do this winter. Hopefully it won't be down-to-the-wire-for-Carlisle again, like it is every year, but knowing me it will be. Too much to do, not enough time. Fortunately my mechanic will be involved with the things I won't have time to do (valve seals, rebuilt rear end, new gears). All I know is...2007 is shaping up to be an expensive year for the E Man. But Carlisle will be worth it.

Reply #17
http://www.carlisleforums.com/showthread.php?t=1009
read this part it almost pissed me off
We'll see if the "cats" can out do the "horses."
Lets go and show them!!!!!:cougarsmily: :cougarsmily: :cougarsmily: :cougarsmily:

Reply #19
Oh, I'll pre-register. I'm really looking forward to Carlisle this year. Just don't know which car I'm taking or if both :dunno:
Either way as long as it isn't a repeat of what happened before this past show, I'll be good.

Reply #20
Quote from: 5.0willgo;118833
Either way as long as it isn't a repeat of what happened before this past show, I'll be good.

So since I was a no show last year what happend last year? :sorry:

Reply #21
if i go can i park with you guys...? :(
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #22
I pre- registered the last 2 years.....Thinking of bringing 2 cars this year however and was reading the price breakdowns.......

All-Ford Nationals Show field
Register a vehicle for the 2007 All-Ford Nationals Showfield. Includes weekend admission for two people.
$35

All-Ford Nationals Show field - 2nd Vehicle
Register a second vehicle for the 2007 All-Ford Nationals Showfield. Includes weekend admission for two people. You must have at least one other vehicle registered for the All-Ford show field and you must be the owner of both vehicles.
$30

Looking at this does the $30 bucks for the second car get you two extra passes?  That is...tickets for 4 people?

So since I was a no show last year what happend last year
    http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=8574
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #23
Sounds like you get 4 passes to me. If that's the case, I wish I could sell two back if I take both cars. I only need two people.

Wow, Paul found the thread, I'm impressed.

I think I have all that stuff figured out now. The car hasn't been driven on the road since then though.

Reply #24
So the reason I KEEP bringing carlisle up is, we all need to get early hotel reservations also so I can see who i'm in competition with  :grinno:  :grinno:  :grinno:

Reply #25
Quote from: blknredcougar;120006
So the reason I KEEP bringing carlisle up is, we all need to get early hotel reservations also so I can see who i'm in competition with  :grinno:  :grinno:  :grinno:

Yea its all ways a tight race for second place each year...:banana:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #26
Quote from: weasle;120024
Yea its all ways a tight race for second place each year...:banana:

you know I love second place:shakeass:

Reply #27
How are the classses devided up?

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

Reply #28
Since 2004 there has been Stock and Modified classes for 1983-88. Now in 2006 that didn't happen, probably because of lack of pre-registered vehicles. In '07 with the special Cougar display area, I really can't say what's going to happen. However, I suspect we're going to have a good turnout and we should have our usual Stock and Modified divisions again. One thing is for certain: we're going to have really great parking spots for a change. :) If I get any news about the classes I'll be sure to pass it along here.

BTW, I've tempted Mother Nature and have pre-registered the convertible for '07. Now all I need to do is buy one of those party tents to cover it. And who knows...maybe I'll have another car there too... ;)

Reply #29
And who knows... maybe I'll have another car there too... ;)

You tease. ;)