Skip to main content
Topic: some what realted to turbo coupes (Read 1384 times) previous topic - next topic

some what realted to turbo coupes

ok im undertaking a new project something complatly out of the ordinary. Im getting a plain old golf cart, and im adding a full roll cage, racing seat, 5 point harness, racing fuel cell, dot approved 10 inch tires, 4 inch widened axles front and back, full pen 15pit, lights, binkers, and fender flares, Then the gem of the whole thing is a 440 cc s cylinder 2 stoke ski doo snowmoble motor, with a t3 turbo, and the intercooler from the t/c my dad told me i could have (framerail is rotted out so im parting up the car). It won't be to much boost but should be a FUNNN toy, and im gonna try to get a homeamde vehicle permit to make it street legal. No progress yet collect parts so far, i ahve the motor, turbo, intercooler, and some square stock for a back half. I want some input here, what do u thinnk should be fun no? alot of work yes, but i love projects, and since i can't drive my mustang yet so i want a play toy, and i got stuff laying around so y not make something.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #1
Ok, a few things from me:
1. WHY???
2. I wana ride
3. Good luck

Reply #2
1. i am 15, have access ot the motor and parts, adn more gernal answer WHY NOT
2. u wanna come to rhode island ill let u drive it when im done with it, 100mph+ golf cart hell yea
3. and thanks lol im gonan need it there is gonna be alot of bugs to work out
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #3
It sounds alot like a smaller, lighter sandrail. You could have alot of fun with it. The legal part is iffy IMO. I wish you the best of luck.

Reply #4
well suposeidly i can get a homemade vechial permit, and im gonna have my dad do the full cage, and have bumpers custom amde welded straight to the cage, so its ognna be a soild and HEAVY sob, and yea i guess all i know is i can't WAIT to get a cart cause im gonna start tearing into it and fabing this thing up should be a wild ride....if i can get it to hook up
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #5
A golf cart from hell burnout video maybe.  it's good to be us.

Reply #6
o yea im gonna have so many vids, maybe a few backroad dragraces lol, now that would be funny, spank a civic in a golf cart! :nkhk:
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #7
no one has anything engitive to say to me, most of my friends are like ur gonna kill ur slef, Nope thast what a roll cage is for lol, i would like some more feed back, and any problems any of u guys might forsee
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #8
You're gonna kill yourself. :p

It's gonna take a lot of work, both in the project itself and legally, to get that street legal.  Even if you can, you might have so many restrictions on driving it that it would be more of a "look what I did" vehicle than something worth going through the hassle to drive it.

There....some negativity for ya.  If all goes through though....sweet deal.

Reply #9
I've long had plans for a similar project, including the snowmobile engine, but have since modified my plans to include a Saturn DOHC engine. Why a Saturn engine? Very light (fully dessed, ~200 lbs), plentiful, cheap (a running mid 90's Saturn is what, $500?), powerful (124 horses), and most of all, I have several years experiencve working at a Saturn dealership. I would essentially be installing the entire front subframe and drivetrain into the rear of my creation. I have no delusions about street legality, though :hick: I just want a really cool woods buggy that's more comfortable than an ATV.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #10
I dont think that engine will be able to spool that turbo. but I know nothing about tubo'd 2-strokes.

I've got a lead on an old honda oddesy for dirt cheap and I just scored a running kohler twin (340 or 440) from an argo for free at work.... oh and i've got a spare 1.0l sprint turbo.

Heh heh
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #11
Its very difficult to turbo a 2-stroke. Youll have to learn about fuel enrichment, and all kinds of things before you get started, because it can spool the turbo, but how are you going to get fuel to compensate for boost?

I cant offer any help on that topic.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #12
Tbird scott has got the idea. What you are making sounds like an over gorwn honda oddsey. I remeber they were a fun ride so that golf cart thing should be too. Hope it works out for you. Oh yeah don't forget to put in 5 point harness so when you roll it you don't get hurt.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #13
well the 440 was a racing motor for many years so there is stuff out tehre for them (soemwhere) the fuel thing i know will be a issue, and its gonna be a trial and error type thing, im only gonna be pushing what 2 psi maybe? if i can get it to work once it spools should take off, to bad u live so far away id pick up that oddesey those things are insane, nd if i can't get the 440 to turbo after awhile that will be swaped in favor for a suziki gs 1100 4 stroke 4 cylinder, porb keep it n/a, who knows maybe ill throw the turbo on that, might be a little to scary. as far as getting it street legal, it might not work, but shiznit ill have a hell of a toy regardless.:grinno:
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #14
haha! i'm trying to get that odessey for myself! for the price I couldnt even build my own (which was the original plan) either goin with the kohler 440 or the honda 450 twin if I get it.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC