Skip to main content
Topic: check it out (new rims pg16) (Read 16694 times) previous topic - next topic

check it out (new rims pg16)

Reply #15
Quote from: daboss351;103932
ud just have to go to west virgina to get them,

Ok, now I understand.  I was starting to think your keyboard was missing a few keys.
One 88

Reply #16
Looks good:cool:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #17
Claude, if i hear a west virginia joke from you i will find you. :beatyoass:  I plan on finding you anyway, but that's not the point.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #18
LOL Sorry John I forgot..  :P
One 88

Reply #19
check it out.. i test mounts the rims (well the ones i had tires on)

wutcha think?

Reply #20
Nice work, man!
Have you tried wet-sanding and polishing those corner lenses? It has been my experience that the yellow tinge is on the outside of the plastic due to UV exposure. Some people claim that the yellow tinge goes all the way through, but I haven't found that yet.
Let me know if you need some information on how to do it. I've done it many times to all kinds of lenses.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #21
3000 grit sand paper and water right?

mine arent very yellow.. actually i dont even think they are yellow at all... but keeping them that way would be nice

did you smoke your headlights on the mn-12? ... how did you do THAT lol

i might have a project for my taillights :D

Reply #22
turbines look good but they make the rust hole stick out real bad. a great improvement from the spoke caps. im getting an 88 tomorrow and i think im going to do the clear corners but i like the amber corners sometimes. ill have to see
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #23
that hole sticks out anyway no matter what lol

thanks for the comment

with the scheme i have come up with the clear corners will just fit better,, but thats for another day :D

and plus the turbines wont be permanent.. i see an extra lug in this cars future :D

Reply #24
i see that extra lug but then i see my bank account and it rolls away.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #25
yeah, but im making it easy, nothing all too special

the wheels are whats gonna kill me :(

but its worth it... after i get most of the suspention done, the body is gonna get nuked :D

im sticking with the sandalwood metalic color that i have for a top color now.. but the bottom brown is gonna die!

it is going black :D

Reply #26
shhould look good. i was thinking of a two tone for a while but i faded it out and now i saw a Fusion in a charcoal gray color that i love so two tone might still be in.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #27
I like it. I like the turbines too. With them painted black, it has a General Lee feel to it. They remind me alot of those wheels. Nice car though, youre getting alot more done than I am. kudos.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #28
with the sandpaper, i'd go with an 800 at most.  You arn't going to be sanding anything with 3000 grit. When you apply a clear coat when done it will fill in any scratch marks. 

Plus i like your wires better.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #29
Turbines, woohooo!!!
They look a little off with your current paint scheme but I think the sandalwood and the black will look schweeet. Turbines will look at home when that's done.