Skip to main content
Topic: For those of you who have cleared your corner lights and those thinking about it... (Read 1717 times) previous topic - next topic

For those of you who have cleared your corner lights and those thinking about it...

To anyone who has cleared their corner/signal lights (taken out the orange reflector): Have you ever seen a clear bulb that lights up amber? I've seen the sylvania lights (http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/SilverStarSignal/default.htm) that look iridescent when unlit but amber when lit, but they look kinda "ricey" becuase of the iridescence. I really want a clear bulb that lights up orange. Any such thing out there? Has anyone had any luck with the LED lights on ebay....you need a resistor or something, don't you? Thanks

For those of you who have cleared your corner lights and those thinking about it...

Reply #1
Any led(s) lights that come with the proper plug should have the resistors already built into the base of the "bulb". Even my small 37 and 168 bulbs (dash and rear license plate) each had a resistor. Should just plug right in and work, of course not all LEDs are created equal. Some are brighter than others and it seems the ones used for automotive use are older/dimmer generations (my dash ones were only about half as bright as they should be but also were around 1/3 the power of the newest led diodes on the market). No way to know if it'll be bright enough until you try them out.

Anyways, yes LED-fitted bulbs will work - plug in and go.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #2
I had LEDs on darkthunder. While they didn't exactly live up to my expectations, I would/will use them when I finally glue my cleared markers back together. They were very bright when looking head on and the exact opposite when looking from the side. That was my only complaint. I purchased them from AutoZone a while back though.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #3
Check out http://www.superbrightleds.com/
I haven't bought them yet but real soon.
BobNorway;)
There are only two tools you will ever need:
1) WD40
2) Duct Tape
If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Reply #4
Check out http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/partid/469807/partfamilyid/270/subcategoryid/353/categoryid/26

They appear chrome when turned off, but light up amber. they are available in 1156, 1157, 3157, and 3357.

Reply #5
I'm looking for 2357 bulbs (i think...which ever ones are in the corner lights/blinkers). I tried 1157s (for mustangs) but they wouldn't blink in my car. I may try some LED 2357s I found on ebay.

Reply #6
APC makes a clear light that lights up amber. i try to find the p/n at work tonight.