Skip to main content
Topic: 80-82 XR-7 Stuff (Read 1184 times) previous topic - next topic

80-82 XR-7 Stuff

Reply #16
Ha!  Kyle is right!  Chuck I'm about 30 minutes from Circleville and I'm there all the time.
One 88

80-82 XR-7 Stuff

Reply #17
Hrmm....hit me on YIM

You think you might be able to grab it?
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

80-82 XR-7 Stuff

Reply #18
If anyone else is perhaps close to this yard shoot me a PM.

;)

80-82 XR-7 Stuff

Reply #19
Claude r busy
One 88

80-82 XR-7 Stuff

Reply #20
OK, bumping this back up to the top.

I'm still looking for 80-82 XR-7 parts, mostly body stuff, but here is the list.

These parts can come from an 80-82 XR-7 or 80-82 TBird (non XR-7 Cougars will not work)
-Hood
-Driver door (I have a good pass door, but would take a matched set if the price was right)
-Uncracked dash pad
-Good wiper (with intermittent) and turn-signal control stalks (chrome, mine are all flaking)
-Front and rear bumper covers
-The little buttons for the interior lights on the center console

This can only come from an 80-82 XR-7
-Trunk lid

If you could keep your eyes out and about and let me know what you come across.  Obviously I'd prefer things to be w/in a reasonable distance from me and it might be necessary on some of the larger parts for you to hold them for me until I could get that way to grab them from you (they would be paid for first obviously).

:hick:

80-82 XR-7 Stuff

Reply #22
OK guys, I'm bumping this again.

I need some help finding some parts for the '80 if I'm going to progress any further with the project. (Or even ultimately keep the car)

The hard body parts are of primary importance.

These parts can come from an 80-82 XR-7 or 80-82 TBird (non XR-7 Cougars will not work)
-Hood
-Driver door (I have a good pass door, but would take a matched set if the price was right)
-Front and rear bumper covers

This can only come from an 80-82 XR-7
-Trunk lid

I know there have been cars that have popped up west of the Mississippi, but unless I can get them to at least St Louis cheaply, the parts need to be a little more local.

So, you JY crawlers let me know.

80-82 XR-7 Stuff

Reply #23
You know I haven't seen an 80-82 in awhile at the yards.  salt. I know someone who is selling a complete rust free 80 T-bird though. You could use it for parts :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

80-82 XR-7 Stuff

Reply #24
Quote from: thunderjet302;225463
I know someone who is selling a complete rust free 80 T-bird though. You could use it for parts :hick:

Yes, but they probably want too much for it...and I don't need/want a whole car...

80-82 XR-7 Stuff

Reply #25
Chuck, did you ever find a hood ornament?  I have several that I have collected for my 79 cougars, I think they might be the same part.  do you happen to know the diameter of the circle?  the ones I have are about 3" they are bigger than the ones on the 83's.  let me know if your still looking.

80-82 XR-7 Stuff

Reply #27
I have a hood ornament, not too fancy, but workable.

Thanks on the glass, but not really needed at the moment.

80-82 XR-7 Stuff

Reply #28
ok Im keeping an eye out for everything I can
1986 Cougar LS